Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000
 Rainelle Information
 PICS sought:old Hanes radio & appliances bldg area

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 11/06/2013 : 11:57:59
Hello Rangers,

I received a nice note from Bob Selbe, the owner, along with his wife, of the Carriage House - an excellent Rainelle restaurant. Bob's request is below. His phone number is 304-438-7425. Please contact him or me with pictures as described below. I truly hope someone has these. I'm sure many of us would enjoy viewing them when we visit and eat there (as I will do over Thanksgiving.) We want to do anything we can do to preserve our cherished history.

"My name is Bob Selbe, and my wife and I currently own the Carriage Cafe in Rainelle. It is housed in the old Hanes radio and appliances building. It is located across from the Family Dollar store which I believe, used to be the old Kroger's. The reason I am writing you is to see if you have any photos at all, of the front of my building or possibly, photos of its grand opening, or, any photos of the building, for that matter. I, nor my wife, are from Rainelle, but we LOVE it here! And the town has received us with open arms.

I have a few pics of the interior of the (Hanes) store at the time, pics of Mr. and Mrs. Hanes, news articles, pics of booths at the fair, pics of a parade in front of alders in 1950 or 51, but not of the front of the building. The reason I would like to find these photos is to do a "then and now" display on our wall in the restaurant. We have a few pics up, but I would like to do more. When people pass thru, come home for reunions, etc. they really enjoy looking at them.

There are no pics of Kroger's, Alders, Sears, the cafe beside Alders, or at least no one posted them (that I have found.) Rainelle is a town full of history, if one takes the time to discover it."

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gene Wiseman 59 Posted - 12/08/2013 : 18:16:24
OOPS, try the 1956 copy. All of the ads for the 1957 copy did not get scanned. It's not as clear but still OK.

Gene Wiseman '59
Gene Wiseman 59 Posted - 12/08/2013 : 18:04:20
There's a good photo of Hanes' store in the 1957 yearbook. It's located on page 6 of the advertiser section. Go to this site's "classes" section and select class of 1957. You can see a .pdf version of the year book. Should be able to download this version and then crop the photo and print it. There's a Kodak gallery version, but Kodak doesn't exist anymore. It changed to Shutterfly, but not sure how you access old Kodak site photos via Shutterfly. I can get to my old Kodak photos transferred to Shutterfly, but don't know how to access the reunion site Kodak photos.

Gene Wiseman '59

Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page