Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000
 Rainelle Information
 NINETY YEARS YOUNG AND OLDER 2/17/06

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andy Aide Pendleton 64 Posted - 02/17/2006 : 08:52:24
Hello Again,,

Classmates you will find on this kodak site a few pictures of Miss Agnes Haynes class of 1932....Susie Weber Minturn and myself had visited with Miss Haynes last week....We enjoyed the visit [:D
Miss Haynes is at home being cared by loving caring people....She is very aware of things around her and who people are...and willing to laugh and comment on our talks...She loved the visit....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=prxi0xw.51xihj0&Uy=-jsfkwf&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Miss Haynes is a proud young 93 years old . She is a retired Rainelle Elementary teacher.....I do not have the any dates concerning her years of teaching......I do know she taught me and my children etc.....SHE COULD HAVE TAUGHT YOU....I encourage any replies helping to discover Miss Haynes history or just telling a cute story that had happen to you personally concerning her..

In these pictures you will see a few pictures of Miss Haynes with a picture of her brother Squire Haynes standing by his airplane at the Rainelle Airport. Sadly Squire past away last year.....

Classmates, please feel free to post a classmate ninety and over on this topic,,,,,,

Hope you Enjoy !!!

Andy

Andy
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Andy Aide Pendleton 64 Posted - 02/23/2006 : 18:51:32
Thank You Jennifer...I am always happy to hear from you...

Yes, Miss Haynes was a wonderful teacher ..
she taught my children as well......

Miss Haynes is even more of a wonderful person at the young age of 93....Miss Haynes is so pleasant to visit, her excitment over seeing company is a ray of sunshine for all....

Her loving care givers say nothing but praise..a joy to work for...
They are in love with her....

Remember her little chuckle.....it is bigger...

Andy
Jennifer Wise 68 Posted - 02/22/2006 : 12:50:19
Andy. It is so kind of you to go and visit the teachers we used to have.Ms.Haynes was my fourth grade teacher andI will alwys remember her as trying so hard to help you learn.... I also have my little remberance album and beside her name I wrote...MY FAVORITE TEACHER...Thanks for all the pictures and work you guys are doing...Jennifer Keister Wise 68
Andy Aide Pendleton 64 Posted - 02/17/2006 : 17:20:48
Hello Classmates,

I am happy you are enjoying the topic in reference to Miss. Haynes.
Also, I have noticed your interest in Squire......I would like to inform you of the ole Rainelle Airport and it's Restaurant. It was open only from May til Oct...it was so much fun with good food...everyone would fly in just to see Squire and share a meal.....fun ...fun..

On the last day of the Airport Restaurant closing for the season they had a large pig roast....everyone came....I called my brother Gary Aide and his wife, Sandy to Drive over to the Rainelle Airport to come and enjoy watching the planes and have Sunday dinner...

My brother Gary brought his video equipment along because he has a video production Co.. Gary was amazed at the site and the people, ..the Grass airport....and especially Squire...he pulls out his camera equipment to relish the day.....and does an interview with Squire.......the story goes on how squires video came to be...

Well... that truly ends up being the last day of the airport openning with the restaurant....because Squire died during winter.

Gary did a lot of research on Squire's life before he died ..trying to find pictures of him in his youth and so on...Squire's family home had burnt and took a lot of memeories with it.. so squire did not have much to share in order to put the video together..

Gary did complete this marvelous tape which only consists of 12 minutes called the biography of Squire Haynes......It is a beautiful tape ..and heart warming for those who knew Squire....ask anyone who has seem it...It was featured on one of our local TV stations...

The Rainelle Airport and Squire was known around the United States...

He will not only be missed by his sister, Agnes but his dear Rainelle friends and pilots from all around the United States if not the world...

Thank you for your interest in this site......I do hope you are enjoying the topic as much as i am sharing it with you.....

Andy
Jerry Arbaugh 64 Posted - 02/17/2006 : 15:29:38
Yes ,I remember Ms.Agnes Haynes she taught me but I dont remember what grade.I hope she has many more birthdays .She could stop having them and let us catch up .

Jerry Arbaugh
Janet Ballengee Estep 68 Posted - 02/17/2006 : 13:59:07
I also went to East Rainelle Elementary, but I have a memory of Squire Haynes. My dad ("Red" Ballengee) worked at Haynes Appliance for a few years. On a Sunday drive my family drove up to the airport, and Squire took me and a friend for our very first airplane ride. How exciting! Something I will never forget!

Janet Ballengee Estep 68
Chris Dawson 51 Posted - 02/17/2006 : 11:31:05
Andy:
I didn’t know Miss Haynes since I attended E. Rainelle Elementary.
I wish her well and continued good health.
I noticed in your post that you reference Squire Haynes.
I hope this is not inappropriate but thought that perhaps Miss Haynes might like “to remember”
some web posting of Squire. I happened onto these web posting a few months back and was successful
in finding them again today. I’m sure there are other posting but I have only identified 2.

I just used Google and “Squire Haynes rainelle airport”

http://listarchives.his.com/dcpilots-l/2000-July/msg00187.html
Lawrence "Squire" Haynes. He's 83. There's nothing he'd rather do than
stand by his manicured grass runway and direct pilot patrons to his fly-in
restaurant in Rainelle.

http://archives.his.com/dcpilots-l/2000-October/msg00476.html
At the restaurant beside his mountaintop airfield, Squire plays host with
infectious enthusiasm, greeting customers and talking flying, airplanes, and
any other subject that comes up. He is a spry, trim 80 years old and has no
trouble scrambling up on a wing to look into a cockpit. He has a full head of
gray hair, a ready smile, and a firm handshake. One of the reasons he is in
such good shape is that he takes care of the airport himself. He mows the
runway every other week.

I was thinking that Miss Haynes might enjoy reading or knowing that through out
the world Squire's name and story can be found.
Andy Aide Pendleton 64 Posted - 02/17/2006 : 10:08:59
Posted - 02/10/2006 : 17:59:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Classmates,

This picture is of our dear friend Freda Surbaugh Pruitt.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.jrqnp1w&Uy=-rdqgch&Ux=0

The picture is Freda holding a signed autograph picture and letter from Senator Byrd and Senator Rockefeller. They were congratulating Freda on her recent nineth Birthday. Freda was not only excited over her mail she received on her special day, she was very pleased to be able to celebrate her nineth birthday with eighty of her friends and family.

Yes a surprise party, indeed!

In 1935 Freda graduated from Rainelle High School's original little old white school house. Freda's diploma was enhanced in a leather binder which also included the 1935 class roll and the faculties names, etc.

There were an unbelieveable 92 graduates on this list. .. Joseph Dale Ocheltree was a name we all knew that was among the graduates listed on the class role.

I just can not understand how this little old white shool house could house so many seniors, as well as the other students ..Certainly a point of interest.

Freda is a healthy lady, whom is loved by her friends, family and Church..

Her Husband Joe, daughter Peggy Sue and son-in-law Jack lives in her
heart with loving cherished memories knowing they will be together one day.

As a piece of trivia.... I am looking for the oldest living classmate. Maybe you can help me..??????

REMEMBER SMILE FOR THE CAMERA

Andy

Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page