Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000
 Rainelle Information
 All-School Reunion 2007

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Patty Cox Osborne 67 Posted - 07/12/2006 : 23:24:48

Hello Rangers!
The countdown to next year's reunion is now less than 12 months and, if history repeats itself, the time will fly!!! I wanted to start this discussion for those of you that may have questions or comments to share during the upcoming months. Plans so far include another picnic on the front lawn, faculty reception, memorials for deceased alumni, a tribute to all our RHS veterans, golf tournament, parade, music in the evenings and pictures, pictures, pictures! Plans are very hopeful for a special presentation on Meadow River Lumber Company and a gospel sing. (More info will be provided as these things come together ) Please remember that individual class functions are the responsibility of your class contact person.
We have heard from lots of folks with address changes and cannot stress enough the importance of finding alumni that we have not been able to locate.
Have a great summer and remember...We here in town love to hear from all of you!!!

Patty
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 04/09/2008 : 18:46:39
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Tincher 64

Hello everyone. I've been out of town and am about to head back out for a couple days, but when I return, I am very excited about converting a wonderful DVD that Bob Altizer sent. I watched 15 minutes of the initial video. It shows a few scenes from his drive from North Carolina, e.g., some azaleas, Pilot Mountain, etc., then he has video of his entry to RHS, picking up his reunion packet, some narration by Bob, having some people say who they are and their class year, visiting the picture section that Mrs. Meadows set up, the opening ceremonies, etc., etc. I can't wait to watch the remainder of it during my trip.

This is a treasure. It appears that those who were not able to make it will be able to see some of the reunion and the rest of us will get to relive parts of it. It looks wonderful! It is 3.6GB - a bit large to upload, but I will look into the best way to hopefully convert it into something you can view from the Reunion Website. I can already see that we are going to owe a big vote of thanks to Bob. Please check back later in the week and I'll have updates. Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052

Hello everyone. I have decided for a variety of reasons that it would be easier to provide copies of the DVD to interested folks than it would be to put it on the Internet. If you would like a copy, please send me an e-mail to dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com and I will send you a copy of the DVD. There is no charge. Dale

919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Janet Ballengee Estep 68 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 08:29:26
Class of 1967:

Robert Ruffner

Robert Ruffner left this earth on Wednesday, March 26, 2008, to be with his Heavenly Father. Bob’s total love and commitment was to his family and his passion was for the multitude of children he coached.

Bob, born Jan. 1, 1950, in Layland, graduated from West Virginia Tech and had been a teacher and coach at Midland Trail High School, girls and boys basketball coach at St. Joseph Catholic Schools and coach of the AAU Southern Ohio Magic. This kind, compassionate man with a love of sports helped many children reach their full potential.

Bob is survived by his loving wife Teresa; their daughter, Amanda; his son Robbie, and daughter, Jenny Nuckols; his mother, Mildred Ruffner; sisters, Jackie King, Sharon McClung and Sue Robbins; eight grandchildren; and many special nieces and nephews. His father, Bernard, preceded him in death. Bob loved and cherished them all.

Visitation will be 7 to 9 p.m. today at Hall Funeral Home, Proctorville, Ohio. Rite of Christian Burial will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, 545 Norway Ave., Huntington, by Father James Sobus. Burial will follow in Woodmere Memorial Park, Huntington.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House Huntington.

Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.timeformemory.com/hall.
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 03/24/2008 : 22:46:25
Hello everyone. I've been out of town and am about to head back out for a couple days, but when I return, I am very excited about converting a wonderful DVD that Bob Altizer sent. I watched 15 minutes of the initial video. It shows a few scenes from his drive from North Carolina, e.g., some azaleas, Pilot Mountain, etc., then he has video of his entry to RHS, picking up his reunion packet, some narration by Bob, having some people say who they are and their class year, visiting the picture section that Mrs. Meadows set up, the opening ceremonies, etc., etc. I can't wait to watch the remainder of it during my trip.

This is a treasure. It appears that those who were not able to make it will be able to see some of the reunion and the rest of us will get to relive parts of it. It looks wonderful! It is 3.6GB - a bit large to upload, but I will look into the best way to hopefully convert it into something you can view from the Reunion Website. I can already see that we are going to owe a big vote of thanks to Bob. Please check back later in the week and I'll have updates. Dale

919-272-8052
Fred Young Posted - 10/14/2007 : 18:56:45
After many months of reading posts when I have time, I wanted to say congratulations on a successful reunion. My family members who attended also spoke praise of the event. Is there a post as to how the golf tourney went? Whoever, won that event needs to give me lessons. My wife beat me today. (Okay, she's pretty good on her own).

Thanks to all who passed along information to me and welcome to all the new friends I was privileged to make on this site.

Fred Young
Ed Smith 64 Posted - 10/04/2007 : 11:43:21
Hello all of you great "Rangers" out there. I just finished looking at all the pictures posted on the site and I must admit, I have just blown about 1/2 day of work because I could not quit looking. Again, from me, THANKS A MILLION to Gerry, Dale, the reunion committee and everyone associated with the 4th Annual Rainelle Reunion. There is something very calming about being in a hectic office and being able to remove yourself for a time and look at pictures of your old friends and classmates and read their thoughts. Sort of like a "Mini-Vacation" at your desk!! As usual, the class of 64 was the best represented of all the classes. 64 always was a close group and we continue to prove that point. I hope we can get some of the class who did not make the reunion this year to attend the next opporunity. Can't wait to see you all again.
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 10/03/2007 : 21:22:25
Hello everyone. It was great to receive a very warm, interesting e-mail from Joanne Watson nee Smith earlier this afternoon. Joanne, we welcome you and I hope many people are able to give you updates on your family. I'm certain Ed Smith and others can fill you in on some history.

Garvin Smith and Jewel Brown Smith, Class of '64, have sent some wonderful photographs of the reunion. Garvin is a superb photographer. Garvin and Jewel have impressive business Websites that are listed in Jewel's member profile. The reunion photos include some gymnasium shots that include Mrs. Meadows' pictures, several superb parade photos and some enjoyable photos of the class of '64 and '62 get-together. I reduced the photos to upload them more easily to Kodak Gallery, but if you want copies of the 6MB originals, please contact Jewel or me. Thank you Garvin and Jewel! See the photos at - http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.a3o5joa8&x=0&y=-u3u892

Thanks to the generosity of several photographers, we have excellent photos from a variety of events and perspectives! If any of you have additional photos, please let us know. Dale

919-272-8052
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 10/01/2007 : 20:21:03
Hello everyone. Gerry requested that Patty send a picture of the Hometown hero award so he could put it on Kodak Gallery for everyone to see. Patty complied and you can see the award phrasing and framed photograph here - http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.7dp2bs0w&x=0&y=mkigxl Dale

919-272-8052
Andy Aide Pendleton 64 Posted - 10/01/2007 : 20:01:00
Great Job Gerry !!!!!

A great big thank you for your hours of work.....more work ...and more work...
with every emotion expressed during our terrific reunion...

and again and again

Andy
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 10/01/2007 : 15:43:04
Thank you, Marilyn for the hot dog tips. Thank you everyone for the nice comments. The Website contributors appreciate them very much and are so glad you are enjoying the pictures and information. We, again, want to thank Mrs. Meadows and the photographers for the photos used in the booklet!

Gerry has scanned the reunion booklet class photos and has added a couple of bonus pictures. It was a challenging task due to colors and small size of the photos - thank you, Gerry! Gerry will be making some additional updates this weekend. Enjoy it at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.96nxr1q8&x=0&y=pufitx The scanned booklet, and the reunion photos, will be linked from the photos' page. Dale

919-272-8052
ML2006 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 23:14:35
Patty and Reunion Gang: Congrats on the award!!! I just scanned through the reunion pictures and it was almost like being there except I could not smell the pig roast or shake hands with people or hug my family and friends who were there. I'm going to take more time soon to look at the pictures again because I'm trying to decide who has the best looking legs, Donnie Puckett or Andy Pendleton!!! Oh No, did I say that?? What fun you all must have had! Hope to see you at the next reunion. I appreciate and thank all the people who put so much time and effort into the reunion and this wonderful website where we can take a visual journey home. (Dale, I found the best, i mean best WV hot dogs! At the Princeton, WV community hospital. It's not far from 77 and worth every 3 miles for those delicious hot dogs! )
Andy Aide Pendleton 64 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 22:20:58
A great tribute to the Rainelle Alumni !!!!

Our reunion started almost two years ago with the creation of the ....rainellereunion.com.....by Dale Tincher..... through this wonderful site our days of fun, laughter and just simply feeling young again will continue to grow.

Thanks to Mrs. Meadows, Dale, Kenneth and many others who had taken time to share their photos with all the alumni... PLUS THE MANY MANY HOURS GERRY MITCHELL HAS TAKEN TO MAKE OUR DREAMS MORE VIVID ... Our stroll down memory lane will continue to be shared by all who venture back over the website time and time again....

The all-school reunion has had one of its best ever event !!!!!
Thanks to the hard working alumni and to all of those who attended....

It is true everything gets better with age (LOL)

We now have great pictures to keep our memories alive.....

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU

Andy
Norma Walker Zopp 45 Posted - 09/29/2007 : 22:33:18
Congratulations to the 2007 Reunion Committee upon receiving the "Hometown Hero Award" presented by the Greenbrier County Visitors Bureau. Recognition for your many hours of labor on behalf of all Rainelle High Alumni is most deserving! Thank you!!

I echo Ron's note re the Reunion photos! Those of us unable to attend are the beneficiaries of MORE HARD WORKby Gerry!! How can we ever thank those of you who make it possible for us to journey back home via our wonderful website!! Do know that you are very much appreciated.

I want to call attention to an article in the October issue of WONDERFUL WEST VIRGINIA magazine telling about Rainelle's hospitality on Memorial Day weekend when hundreds of motorcycle riders come to town, enroute to Washington, D.C. to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. [The October issue features "Heavenly Byways: Motorcycling in the Mountain State."]

Norma Walker Zopp

Ron Estep 57 Posted - 09/29/2007 : 11:33:33
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Tincher 64

Hello everyone. It is good to see the very nice recognition of the Reunion Committee.

Gerry Mitchell has completed scanning all of the reunion photos. If you have looked at the online photos, you may have noticed that numerous photos had been cropped in the booklet out of necessity (due to space limitations), but Gerry provided the entire photos (not just sections) as well as having enhanced many of the several hundred pictures - see http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#meadows Gerry had finished the groups 1 through 4, but has been working to complete group 5 the past three weeks. Thank you, Gerry, for your hard work in scanning the photos for our enjoyment. Dale

919-272-8052

Hi Dale
First let me say I thourghly enjoyed all the photos. I went through all of them and they were exelent. I did not make this reunion, but after seeing all these pics it was just like being there. I would like to thank everyone involved in making this possible for us to enjoy them. I saw all of my old friends and it filled me with happyness. Thanks again.
Ron
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 09/28/2007 : 23:33:53
Hello everyone. It is good to see the very nice recognition of the Reunion Committee.

Gerry Mitchell has completed scanning all of the reunion photos. If you have looked at the online photos, you may have noticed that numerous photos had been cropped in the booklet out of necessity (due to space limitations), but Gerry provided the entire photos (not just sections) as well as having enhanced many of the several hundred pictures - see http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#meadows Gerry had finished the groups 1 through 4, but has been working to complete group 5 the past three weeks. Thank you, Gerry, for your hard work in scanning the photos for our enjoyment. Dale

919-272-8052
Patty Cox Osborne 67 Posted - 09/28/2007 : 16:44:01
Another "WOW"...We are so excited to share this news...

This past Monday I received a call from the director of the Greenbrier County Visitors Bureau telling me that the RHS Reunion had been nominated to receive an award at their annual Spirit of Tourism Awards luncheon and asking if the committee members could attend on Thursday. I contacted Gingy, Fredia, Tom, Doc. Jerry and K. C. Needless to say we felt honored to be included in the nominations, and of course, decided to make the arrangements to attend. Mrs. Meadows also attended as our guest and "Honorary Committee Member". We enjoyed a very nice lunch provided by Blackwell's at the Elks Country Club. The four awards that were presented were the Greenbrier Award, The Greenbrier County Ambassador Award, The Hometown Hero Award and the Friend of Tourism Award.
TA-DAH---Your reunion committee was presented with The Hometown Hero Award for our 3-day event that brought so many alumni home to Greenbrier County. We were presented with a beautiful framed photograph of a sunrise in Greenbier County. The photgraphs were provided by the Cooper Gallery in Lewisburg.
Once again---A huge Thanks to everyone who helped in any way and all who attended!!!

Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page