Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Rainelle Reunion Discussion
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000
 Rainelle Information
 New Ranger Members, We Hope

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 11:31:27
Hello everyone, Andy Aide Pendleton is helping to conduct a hands-on overview session this afternooon in Rainelle for people who have expressed an interest in the reunnion Website.

I extend a hearty welcome to the new visitors. I wish I could be there. I made a brief video yesterday afternoon to introduce you to the site. It may take 2 to 3 minutes to download on a higher-speed connnection and considerably longer on a dial-up connection. Please click on this link and the video will download and start playing on your PC: http://www.rainellereunion.com/videos/dale_greeting_7192.MPG (You may see some delays if several people download it at once. I didn't "stream" or convert the video to Flash as we normally do. If you initially experience delays or jerky movements, allow the video to download, then click on the play button and it will replay fine from your PC.)

We are very excited about the site and the activity and interest it has generated. There's no place like home and no place like Rainelle to have grown up and lived. We are pleased that, as Marilyn Lewis Bennett, Donnie Puckett, Chris Dawson and others have written, the site allows us to come home and walk up and down the halls of RHS once again -- at least in our minds / memories. We are hopeful that this will turn into an online museum of memories and information. Gerry Mitchell has painstakingly scanned almost all of the yearbooks and we have put them online. We have also placed history information on the site.

It is wonderful to catch up with our classmates and friends and to pay tribute to people who have meant so much to us. It is also fun to be able to listen to real music (Doowop, of course.)

I hope your session goes well. I will be standing by if I can answer any questions. I look forward to hearing from Andy and, hopefully, others. We welcome your suggestions and hope to see you on the discussion board. Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 08/02/2006 : 16:23:59
Thank you so much, Joan, for your nice comments. It is so rewarding when we hear that people are enjoying the site. I periodically talk to lurkers who don't post, but visit the site and enjoy it. I am amazed when I look at the number of times many of the topics have been read, e.g., "Do You Remember" has been viewed 8,000+ times.

I am a bit embarrassed by the hastily prepared video (and prefer to stay in the background, plus I like to think I look younger than that ), but it does seem to give a good overview of the site. I like your idea. I will link to the discussion board explanation of the video, which contains the link. Dale

919-272-8052
Joan Rosewell M 55 Posted - 07/31/2006 : 21:54:44
After giving it some thought, the home page of the website might be a better place for your nice video Dale, rather than the Forums page. Please just put it some place where new members can see it because it would add a personal touch to all the hard work you people have done.
Joan Rosewell M 55 Posted - 07/31/2006 : 15:37:42
Your video is a great idea Dale. I think it should be moved to the top of the Forums list as a separate topic so it will be the first thing new members see.

We may all have to contribute towards a new camera for Andy. She is doing an outstanding job with all her pictures. By the way, did "Doc" Neal ever learn to surf the website?!! He must have because I found a couple postings by him. "Doc" is usually one of the first people I see when I get to Rainelle and when I see him, I know I'm home!

There just aren't any words left to express our appreciation for the work all of you have done and are doing, but we'll never take you for granted. The website would get stale very quickly if it weren't for those of you who keep giving us new information to hold our interest.
Chris Dawson 51 Posted - 05/02/2006 : 10:24:55
Andy, as Ed Sullivan would say “Really Good Shue”

Any additional sessions planned?
Andy Aide Pendleton 64 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 23:01:25
Hello Everyone..

Today at the Rainelle School a few of the Rainelle Classmates met at the computer lab to see what the webpage is all about....I truly felt like they were amazed at the wealth of information that could be found from one single homepage....We had them clicking as many links as we could in the amount of time we were alotted....some of those attending has never even used a computer....So it was a real challenge for them as well.

Those that helped with the class was Patty Osborne, Shelby Bryant, and Susie Weber. Thank you very much...It made a big difference in this project..

I also wanted to add a big thank you to Dale Tincher for the wonderful video http://www.rainellereunion.com/videos/dale_greeting_7192.MPG welcoming our classmates...That was fun because several did not know who Dale Tincher is.....I added he belongs to the 1964 class. I know people around the nation if not the world are enjoying visiting our Rainelle reunion webpage and learning about Rainelle.....We are on the map...

Of course I did take my amateur pictures (better than no pictures at all)
I do hope you enjoy the pictures.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=prxi0xw.nt79pcs&Uy=-s6nmc5&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Andy
Patty Cox Osborne 67 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 21:36:43
Dale, you are exactly right that the Chessie Caboose is not a project of the All-School Reunion. It is a very interesting idea and has become a great topic for the discussion board but not something we are able to undertake.

I would also like to thank Andy for setting up the web site training session today. It was a great idea and seemed to be enjoyed by all who attended! Just one problem...so much to cover...too little time!

Patty
Chris Dawson 51 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 21:29:06
Hello Doc:
Happy to see you log on and post. We need more folks from the 50’s here. We need to show these young whipper snappers for the 60’s a thing or two.
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 19:48:58
Hello Marilyn, based upon conversations I have heard, the Chessie caboose is totally separate from the Reunion. The Reunion Committee has more than enough to do without tackling something of the magnitude of the Chessie caboose project. Dale

919-272-8052
ML2006 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 18:47:07
Chris, are you telling us that the Chessie is now a part of Rainelle Reunion???
Chris Dawson 51 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 18:00:46
Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But she with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't," but she would be one
Who wouldn't say so till she'd tried.
So she buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On her face. If she worried she hid it.
She started to sing as she tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and she did it.

Andy
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 16:42:40
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Doc Neal 57

You are very very right. She is running around like chicken with its head cut off.

Richard Neal

LOL, Richard. Make sure you take the camera away from her and get a couple of her.

I know where the red "hello" came from. Andy likes lots of colors and smiley faces, as do many of our Members. Chris will probably throw out a riddle for you to figure out. Dale

919-272-8052
Richard Doc Neal 57 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 16:28:23
hello
Richard Doc Neal 57 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 16:25:30
You are very very right. She is running around like chicken with its head cut off.

Richard Neal
Dale Tincher 64 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 16:15:38
Thank you, Richard (Doc). I am so glad you are enjoying the site. I can see by the number of "Read" items that your group is visiting the topics. I'll bet Andy is walking around snapping lots of photos for us to enjoy. Dale

919-272-8052
Richard Doc Neal 57 Posted - 05/01/2006 : 16:08:03
Thank goodness for people like you. I believe everyone will enjoy this web site for many years to come. We are having a very good time here.
Richard Neal 57

Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page