Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000
 Rainelle Information
 General Interest & Humor Section (Moved)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  12:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Jerry Arbaugh and Gerry Mitchell, among others, have sent some humorous and general interest information. When you see some good or humorous info, feel free to post it to the discussion board. Adding it to this topic/thread can keep humor and general interest catalogued into the same section, however, if you prefer to start a New Topic, you can.

This is an example, using one of the funny items Jerry passed around to some of us (Jerry, if you prefer that it not be posted, just let me know). I thought it was great. I now correct anyone who calls me a hillbilly:

Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America, West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES."

You must now refer to us as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  12:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Comments made in the year 1955:

First, some fun 1955 photos to show your grandchildren :
1955 Chevrolet http://www.rainellereunion.com/images/history/55_chevy.bmp

1955 Corvette http://www.rainellereunion.com/images/history/55_corvette.bmp

1955 Office Workers
http://www.rainellereunion.com/images/history/office_workers.bmp

1955 45 RPM Records
http://www.rainellereunion.com/images/history/records.bmp

"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2000 will only buy a used one."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous."

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls."

"I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying 'damn' in 'Gone With The Wind,' it seems every new movie has either "hell" or "damn" in it.

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the president."

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet."

"It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."

"Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more; those Hollywood stars seem to be getting divorced at the drop of a hat."

"I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business."

"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to congress."

"The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

"There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly $15 a night to stay in a hotel."

"No one can afford to be sick any more; $35 a day in the hospital is too rich for my blood."

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it."

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  12:18:29  Show Profile  Visit Dale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopefully, we can get Jerry Arbaugh to start posting to the humor section of the board. He sends some hilarious jokes and stories.

Meanwhile, if you find that you have too much time on your hands, you are welcome to view some of the humor collected by my company's team members over the years http://www.consultwebs.com/humor/humor1.htm Dale

Dale Tincher
Raleigh, NC
919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  13:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Dale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that many are starting to wonder if I ever work since I am on the board so much, but I really do.

I ran across a hilarious humor site. It is http://family-reunion.com/thought.htm

Here are three that are great!

A married couple was celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. At the party everybody wanted to know how they managed to stay married so long in this day and age. The husband responded "When we were first married we came to an agreement. I would make all the major decisions and my wife would make all the minor decisions. And in 60 years of marriage we have never needed to make a major decision."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months yet she stayed by his bedside every single day. When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer. As she sat by him, he said, "You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business fell, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you gave me support. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. Well, now that I think about it, I think you're a jinx!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, a little girl is sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly notices that her mother has several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. She looks at her mother and inquisitively asks, "Why are some of your hairs white, mom?" Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white." The little girl thought about this revelation for a while, and then said, "Momma, how come *all* of grandma's hairs are white?"

Dale Tincher
Raleigh, NC
919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  10:16:56  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, these are so great I had to share them. Dale

7 reasons not to mess with children.

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him ".

A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work.

As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was.

The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."

The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like"

Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.

After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head.

She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?"

Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white."

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture.

"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, he's a doctor.' ”

A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, she's dead."

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face."

"Yes," the class said.

"Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?"

A little fellow shouted, "Cause your feet ain't empty."

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:

"Take only ONE. God is watching."

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.

A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples.”

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Chris Dawson 51

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  14:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must now refer to us as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

I can accept that
BUT
if you attach sqirrel tails to your vehicle,.......well you are a
hillbilly

Chris_Dawson 51
Go to Top of Page

Chris Dawson 51

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  16:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this the humor page?

Feliz Navidad this is not. Well......maybe.....just a little
Speakers on, please
For the video version
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/just_plain_stupid/policestopmycar/
For just the music version
http://www.bobrivers.com/player/body1.asp?ID=957&speed=4&atype=tunes#

For more crazy/funny/not funny/just plain stupid/

http://jibjab.com/Home.aspx
Start with 2-0-5 Review.

http://www.stupidvideos.com/

Hope one other person finds the humor.
You probably are going to need DSL / Cable to enjoy.
Enjoy

Chris_Dawson 51
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  22:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you relate to these?!?!?

That's only 51 years ago!

Comments made in the year 1955:

"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going
to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20."

~~~~

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before
$2000 will only buy a used one."

~~~~

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack
is ridiculous."

~~~~

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail
a letter?"

~~~~

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside
help at the store."

~~~~

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost
29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

~~~~

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to
stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long
as the girls."

~~~~

"I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let
Clark Gable get by with saying 'damn' in 'Gone With The Wind,' it seems
every new movie has either "hell" or "damn" in it.

~~~~

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man
on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some fellows they call
astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."

~~~~

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a
year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making
more than the president."

~~~~

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be
electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

~~~~

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women
have to work to make ends meet."

~~~~

"It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to
watch their kids so they can both work."

~~~~

"Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more; those Hollywood stars seem to be
getting divorced at the drop of a hat."

~~~~

"I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot
of foreign business."

~~~~

"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half
our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people
to congress."

~~~~

"The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously
doubt they will ever catch on."

~~~~

"There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend. It costs
nearly $15 a night to stay in a hotel."

~~~~

"No one can afford to be sick any more; $35 a day in the hospital is too
rich for my blood."

~~~~

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it."

Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  08:33:18  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow. Kind of sad in a way to compare how our lives used to be and how they are now. There is a huge difference in the shows on tv even from when my daughter was little and watched Full House 20 years ago.

I think that's why I like the Rainelle site so much. I have more in common with you all than most other people I know (except my family, of course ). Thanks for this listing; puts everything in perspective.
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  10:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  11:58:41  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Remember typing class? We learned how to type on a MANUAL typewriter!!! When we got to use the electric typewriters it was a really big deal. And so much easier, too!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page