New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  12:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As you may know, we have an In Memoriam page http://www.rainellereunion.com/in-memoriam.html You are welcome to send notices, tributes and other information.

We thought it would be good to have a topic on the discussion board that will notify Rangers quickly when we hear about the passing of a classmate or friend of Rainelle. This will allow you to send a card, flowers or attend the funeral if possible. I am about to post one. We welcome your contributions. Dale

*** PLEASE GO TO THE END OF THE LIST (e.g., Page 4 or 5) TO SEE THE MOST RECENT PASSINGS. ***

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 01/03/2018 15:18:36

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  13:11:18  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom Hall, Sr., passed away Sunday. I know him and the wonderful Hall family well. They were my family's next door neighbors in Lilly Park for many years and we grew up with Linda, Tommy and Jeannie. The Dairy Queen, his family's primary business, was an integral part of many of our lives.

Patty Cox Osborne sent this, "Tom's services will be Wednesday at the First Baptist Church. In my opinion, Tom was a great person. He fought a very brave battle against the emphysema that took his life. Wonder how many cones of ice cream he gave away every spring to the children of Rainelle? I remember looking forward to 'that walk' to the Dairy Queen every year!"

Tom's obituary can be found here: http://www.register-herald.com/obituaries/local_story_079201430.html

We send our love and respects to the family.

919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 03/21/2006 17:03:05
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  19:15:42  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Our hearts are sorrowed by the passing of this wonderful person Tom Hall.... He will be missed by all.

Our prayers and love are for Tom's wife Kat, son Tommy, daughters Linda and jeanie, and their extended families.

Yes, Dale the little Dairy Queen was a institution in Rainelle....Remember when Tom and Kat had a hula hoop contest at the Dairy Queen.... it was fun for all..

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  23:32:32  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our friend, Gerry Mitchell's father, Frank Mitchell, passed away this morning at approximately 2:50 a.m. His services are this Friday at 1:00 p.m. at the Smathers' Funeral Home in Rainelle. Visits can pay their respects an hour prior to that. Gerry is with his mother in Rainelle. Mr. (Frank) Mitchell will be buried at The End Of The Trail cemetery complex.

Many of us have grown closer to Gerry while he has worked hard to provide high-quality scans of the Ranger yearbooks. He is a truly nice and giving man.

Gerry, we grieve with you. You and your family are in our prayers and our thoughts.

We are reluctant to put people's mailing addresses on a public bulletin board, especially if we haven't obtained their okay, but if you wish to have Mrs. Mitchell's or Gerry's address, please let me or Andy Aide Pendleton know.

Mr. Frank Mitchell's obituary can be viewed here: http://www.rainellereunion.com/images/SCAN_OF_FRANK_MITCHELLs_OBITUARY.jpg

I can't think of a more appropriate tribute to Frank and Wenona than a post Andy made February 18th. I will paste it below:
_____

Jerry Mitchell had recently sent me a very nice picture of his parents, Frank and Wenona Mitchell.

Jerry's Dad did not attend RHS however he had worked most of his adult life in Rainelle. Most of us remember Frank as the right hand man for Dick Jarrett while working at the Rainelle Dept. Store. Frank had worked at the dept. store from 1940 until its closing. After the Rainelle Dept. store closed Frank remained on board at the store with the new owners the Gwinn family until its closing. Again after the Gwinn family closed the store Frank again moved on working as department manager at Aide's Discount Store until his third retirement. Frank was always a top quality employee that worked hard for his employer and always gave his full attention to his customers...Everyone wanted Frank to help them...he is loved by all..

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=prxi0xw.bn1xvek&Uy=-kovvdt&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Gerry's mother, Wenona RHS class of '38 was a loving caring mother who was a wonderful homemaker to her family...Wenona a community, civic minded lady where her club work help to improve many things around Rainelle...Wenona is regarded as one of the fine ladies of Rainelle who cared and loved others.

Frank and Wenona are long time members of the First Baptist Church of Rainelle. They love their Church and its church members!!!!

Frank is 89 years young Wenona is 86 years young

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=prxi0xw.zr19mwc&Uy=wuxwjr&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

"WE LOVE YOU FRANK AND WENONA"

There are two different pictures please click on each..ty

Andy

919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 05/03/2006 23:36:48
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  02:37:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are sorry to read of the loss of Mr. Mitchell. He was a pillar of Rainelle and will never be forgotten. We extend our condolences to the family. Bennetts.
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  11:06:44  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have just learned that Sam Smith, Father of Ed Smith, has passed away. The visitation will be Friday evening from 6:30PM-8:30PM at the Wallace and Wallace Chapel.
The funeral service will be held at the First Baptist Church on Saturday at 2:00PM.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Ed, Nancy, Eva, and the Smith family.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  20:24:03  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
John Elves ‘Sam’ Smith

HURRICANE — John Elves “Sam” Smith, 93, formerly of Rainelle, passed away Wednesday, May 17, 2006, in Putnam General Hospital, Hurricane, following a long illness.

Born Sept. 8, 1912, at Crag, W.Va., he was the son of the late Willie Clark Smith and Rhoda Fleshman Smith.

Mr. Smith was a former mechanic for the Purity Maid Bread Company in Rainelle.

He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Rainelle for 57 years, and was a past Deacon and church treasurer.

Mr. Smith was also a member of Midland Trail Lodge No. 166 AF and AM.

He was preceded in death by a sister, Mildred Hanson, and three brothers, Keith, Francis, and Willard Smith.

Survivors include his wife, Eva Shupe Smith; a son, M. Edward Smith and his wife, Nancy, of Hurricane; two grandchildren, Scott Smith and his wife, Stacey, and Lisa McClanahan and her husband, Lee, all of Hurricane, and four great-grandchildren, Skye and Sawyer Smith, and Callie and Connor McClanahan, all of Hurricane.

Services will be 2 p.m. Saturday at the First Baptist Church of Rainelle with Pastor Dana Gatewood officiating. Entombment will follow in Wallace Memorial Mausoleum, Clintonville, with Masonic graveside rites conducted by the Midland Trail Lodge No. 166 AF and AM.

Friends may call 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. today at Wallace & Wallace Funeral Chapel, Rainelle.

The Deacons of the First Baptist Church of Rainelle will serve as pallbearers.

Arrangements by Wallace & Wallace, Rainelle.

Our Sympathy love and prayers are with Eva, Eddie, Nancy and their extended family for the passing of Sam Smith...
May God Be with you.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  11:07:50  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have heard via e-mail that George Aide passed away yesterday morning. As we know, George Aide was an anchor and hard worker for Rainelle for many years and was known and respected by a multitude of West Virginians. Carolyn Johnson Hunter let some of us know and stated our sentiments well regarding our friend, Andy. She said, "We knew he (Mr. Aide) was very ill during the time of the reunion and that Andy was sacrificing time with her dad to be with us. She worked very hard on the reunion and we all appreciate all she did."

Mr. Aide had been ill for quite some time and had put up a strong fight to remain with his beloved family. Our thoughts, prayers, and love are with Andy and the entire family. I have grown to further know and appreciate Andy as a very dear friend while working on the Website, visits to Rainelle, and some reunion items. She is tireless and loves Rainelle. I tried to find information about the arrangements online, but was not able to do so. Please post arrangements or drop me a note if you know the arrangements.

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  14:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Tincher 64

I have heard via e-mail that George Aide passed away yesterday morning. As we know, George Aide was an anchor and hard worker for Rainelle for many years and was known and respected by a multitude of West Virginians. Carolyn Johnson Hunter let some of us know and stated our sentiments well regarding our friend, Andy. She said, "We knew he (Mr. Aide) was very ill during the time of the reunion and that Andy was sacrificing time with her dad to be with us. She worked very hard on the reunion and we all appreciate all she did."

Mr. Aide had been ill for quite some time and had put up a strong fight to remain with his beloved family. Our thoughts, prayers, and love are with Andy and the entire family. I have grown to further know and appreciate Andy as a very dear friend while working on the Website, visits to Rainelle, and some reunion items. She is tireless and loves Rainelle. I tried to find information about the arrangements online, but was not able to do so. Please post arrangements or drop me a note if you know the arrangements.

919-272-8052

I found the information and a write-up - thank you. Dale
http://www.register-herald.com/obituaries/local_story_202210848.html

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

thorntonjudy65

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  11:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy, I would like to say how sorry that I am about your father. He was a dear man and I worked for him when I was 15 years old.
I have known your family for a long time so my condolences are with you and all the family. Judy Thornton Nester

Judy Thornton Nester
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  22:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy: We are so sorry to hear of your Dad passing. I know your heart and your family's hearts are broken. God Bless you. Marilyn
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2008 :  12:41:53  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Faye Forren

RAINELLE — Faye Forren, 75, of Horton Avenue, Rainelle, passed away suddenly on Saturday, June 28, 2008, at Greenbrier Valley Medical Center, Fairlea.

Born May 21, 1933, at Mabscott, W.Va., she was the daughter of the late Earl Stafford and Cledith Estelle Toney Smith.

Faye was a member of Big Clear Creek Baptist Church of Rupert, where she sang in the choir. She was a hard-working and devoted wife, mother, grandmother, and homemaker.

Faye was a former employee of Kroger and the Rainelle Sewing Plant.

Other than her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Otto Carl Forren, in 1983; two sons, Sammy Forren and Bill Smith; a stepson, Tom Forren; a sister, Florence “June” Smith; and four brothers, Harold, Dennis, Bernard and Lewis Smith.

Survivors include two daughters, Debra Phillips of Covington, Va., Susie Brooks (Steve) of Uniontown, Pa.; a son, Chris Forren of Rupert; two stepchildren, Jo Anne Harris (Bob) of Meadow Bridge, and Roger “Rod” Forren (Judy) of Meadow Bridge; three daughters-in-law, Karen Forren of Rainelle, Diane Forren of Louisville, Ky., and Diane Moody of Spring Dale, W.Va.; five sisters, Lillian Crane of Rupert, Juanita Beverly (Sonny) of Rupert, Pat Sorrells (Larry) of Robinson, Texas, Shirley Tolosa (Tony) of Chantilly, Va., and Irma Smith of Meadow Creek; nine grandchildren; nine stepgrandchildren; two great-grandchildren, eight stepgreat-grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3, 2008, at Wallace & Wallace Chapel in Rainelle with Assistant Pastor Keith Shumaker officiating. Burial will follow at Wallace Memorial Cemetery, Clintonville.

Friends may call 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday evening at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations of sympathy be made to: First Baptist Church of Rainelle Food Pantry, at 309 Seventh St., Rainelle, WV 25962.

Arrangements by Wallace & Wallace of Rainelle
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  07:57:54  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sue Carroll Harmon Myers

AUBURN, Ala. — Sue Carroll Harmon Myers, 72, a native of Rainelle, passed away on Sunday, June 29, 2008, in Auburn, Ala.

Born April 4, 1936, at Ronceverte, W.Va.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Fredie Dowell Myers, and her parents, Eskel Frazier Harman and Marcelle D. Griffith Harman.

Mrs. Myers was a 1954 graduate of Rainelle High School; she received her secretarial degree from Beckley College.

She is survived by her sons, John Myers and wife, Sherry, of Kathleen, Ga., Keith Myers and his wife, Laura, of Honolulu, Hawaii, and Bill Myers and his wife, Kristy, of Auburn, Ala.; grandchildren, Holland Grace, Frederico, Jonathon Jordan and Collier Wilson Myers; a brother, William Wilson “Bud” Harmon and his wife, Shirley, of Oak Hill, W.Va.

A graveside service will be held 11 a.m. today, Tuesday, July 1, 2008, at the Alabama Heritage Cemetery, Montgomery, Ala.

Pallbearers will be family members.

Online guest book may be signed at www.mem.com.

Arrangements by Alabama Heritage Funeral Home, 10505 Atlanta Highway, Montgomery, Ala.

Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  22:21:20  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tilitha (Tyce) Sanford Fleshman, a member of the Class of 1960, passed away yesterday after a brave battle with cancer.
Our sympathy goes out to her family and many friends.

Patty
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  15:49:07  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Coach Paul Miller has passed away. The announcement was made last night at the reunion meeting but we do not have any other details.
Our sympathy goes out to Coach Miller's family and friends.

Patty
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  21:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patty Cox Osborne 67

Coach Paul Miller has passed away. The announcement was made last night at the reunion meeting but we do not have any other details.
Our sympathy goes out to Coach Miller's family and friends.

Patty

Thank you, Jim Bottomly for forwarding Coach Miller's obituary (shown below)
John Paul Miller

GAITHERSBURG, Md. — John Paul Miller, of Goshen Estates, formerly of Oak Hill and Rainelle, passed away on Tuesday, May 19, 2009.

He was the beloved husband of the late Margie S. Miller; father of John Miller and wife, Barbara, of Laurel, Md., Jeane Briggs and husband, Paul, of Falling Waters, W.Va., and William Miller and wife, Kathy, of Damascus, Md.; grandfather of 26 grandchildren, and great-grandfather of five great-grandchildren.

Mr. Miller is also survived by three brothers, Mike Miller of Wyandotte, Mich., Tom Miller of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Steve Miller of Peterstown, W.Va., and by his only sister, Elizabeth Riser of Mabscott, W.Va.

Mr. Miller was a veteran of World War II, serving as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy, for whom he commanded tank and heavy equipment landing craft in numerous invasions in the South Pacific.

Mr. Miller was a high school teacher at Rainelle High School in Rainelle, and at Walter Johnson High School in Bethesda, Md., and a successful football coach at both schools.

Friends may call 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, May 27, at Molesworth-Williams Funeral Home, 26401 Ridge Road, Damascus, Md.

Service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, May 28, at St. Paul United Methodist Church, 21720 Laytonsville Road, Laytonsville, Md. Burial will follow in the All Souls Cemetery, Germantown, Md.

Arrangements by Molesworth-Williams Funeral Home, Damascus, Md.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page