Rainelle Information
 Bill Bishir Class of '64
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  20:36:55  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We were saddened to learn of Bill Bishir's passing. His obituary reads: Celebration Of Life Services For James "Bill" Bishir, Age 71, Of Old Hickory, Tennessee, Were Conducted On Saturday, March 18, 2017, At 11:00 AM At The Monterey Free Will Baptist Church, 311 South Elm Street, Monterey, Tennessee. Friends And Family Officiated With The Services. Interment Will Follow At A Later Date In The Memorial Burial Park In Wheelersburg, Ohio. Mr. Bishir Was Born On March 11, 1946, In Beckley, West Virginia, To The Late Troy C. And Etta Jane Duffey Bishir. Mr. Bishir Passed Away On Tuesday, March 14, 2017, At The TriStar Summit Medical Center In Hermitage, Tennessee. Mr. Bishir Was A Computer Programmer With Voit Commercial Brokerage In Woodland Hills, California. He Worked At Opryland Hotel In Nashville, Tennessee. He Was A United States Navy Veteran Entering The Service In 1968 And Serving 8 Years Total. He Was An Assistant To The Chaplain On The USS Galveston During The Vietnam War And Was Stationed At NAS North Island, San Diego, California. He Received A Honorable Discharge On March 3, 1978. He Enjoyed Cooking, Computers/Electronics, And Relaxing By His Pool. He Was Survived By His Sister And Brother-In-Law, Carole Ann And James D Vaughn Of Monterey, TN; Niece, Sally Partain Shannon And John Shannon Of Cookeville, TN; Nephew, James Thomas Partain Of Flowood, MS; 3 Great Nephews; And 4 Great Great Nieces And Nephews. In Addition To His Parents, He Was Preceded In Death By His Nephew, Robert Charles Partain. The Family Received Friends At Monterey Free Will Baptist Church On Saturday, March 18, 2017, Immediately Following The Services.

The Class of '64 (coordinated by Carolyn Johnson Hunter) sent flowers. Bill's sister, Carole sent the following very nice note to us:

Dale......don't know who to send an enormous "thank you" to the Class of '64 for the beautiful flowers for Bill's "Celebration of Life" services yesterday......we all received a blessing. It was so very special of you.

But, I remember how special you all made us feel at your last Rainelle reunion. I enjoyed being there along with Bill, as I have enjoyed being with my Class of '52......and again, I want to thank you.

Here are some of the pictures taken at Bill's services yesterday.......have included several pictures of my daughter, Sally, along with her husband, John, and their middle and youngest son, Ben and Colby. Sally quickly fixed up the collage of pictures, as we tried to find as many as we could.

The services were awesome......John and Ben spoke of so many memories they have of Bill, and Sally was in charge of the service with the reading of scriptures and also tell of personal thoughts about Bill. Four of our church family sang such beautiful songs too....'In the Garden', 'Beulah Land', 'Consider the Lilies', 'The Old Rugged Cross', and ending with 'Going Home'. With Bill only coming to our church for Family, Homecoming and special occasion, our church family knew him through all the prayers they have been praying for him.....and he was so fond of everyone. We just felt that his services needed to be in the place where they is warmth and the place that I know he was loved.

In a few weeks, we all plan to drive to Wheelersburg, Ohio, and have Bill's ashes buried in the grave site beside our parents, Troy and Jane Bishir, and my son, Robert Partain. Goff Funeral Home here in Monterey, TN., has already made arrangements for the burial.....and if we wish, to have a military honor service.

Please let me know if I could contact anyone personally for the flowers. And again, please thank everyone for me.....I know how much Bill loves all of you, and how much you cared for him.

Much love and blessings,

Carole Vaughn (Bill's sister)

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page