Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jwpuckett71

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  14:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was an East Rainelle "grade schooler" and only got to attend RHS through the 9th grade before the consolidation. I think I remember every teacher in the school those 3 years, but Ginny took me under her wing and guided me not only through my 3 years at Rainelle but through my Greenbrier West years, too. When my wife Julie began teaching at East Rainelle Elementary in 1979, Ginny's husband Al was her principal. Two of the best examples I can think of for how to "do it right" when it comes to life. During my last 2 years in high school, Giny & I traveled around the state quite a bit with Hi-Y meetings as she'd guided me into holding State Offices both years. On more than one occasion, someone would see us together and (seeing my red hair) ask, "Is that your son, Ginny?" More often than not, she'd laugh and say, "Yes, he's one of them." Like Donny said in his post above, those lessons that folks like Ginny taught us about respect and hard work are sorely missed by too many youth in today's society.

I remember vividly the first time I went to the Methodist Church for an FCA meeting. That library seemed HUGE! Having attended church there for the past 27+ years, I realize it's nowhere near as enormous as it seemed then.

Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind.......
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  15:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An idea - these are two sections on the discussion board that contain warm, wonderful tributes to some of our great teachers. If you know a teacher or a teacher's children, it would probably make their day to receive the printed tribute along with a note from you telling them how much the teacher meant to you. If there are no comments and a teacher meant a lot, a card from you would brighten their day and probably go on their refrigerator door. Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page