New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  22:38:27  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Memorial Day Parade.....
Hope you enjoy.....We had a very nice time.....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.ci4inhg&Uy=hjjwut&Ux=0

Andy

Edited by - Andy Aide Pendleton 64 on 05/27/2006 22:44:06
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  23:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy: Thank you for all the wonderful pictures. That was better than any movie that was on tv tonight. I was so happy to see Wendy and Benji and their daughter's picture on there as well as so many other Rainelle friends and acquaintances. Again, Andy, thanks for all the hard work you do for this site.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  08:14:26  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Morning classmates,

The following is pictures taken at the event center Saturday afternoon.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.ltg0zes&Uy=xylwj8&Ux=0

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  21:03:00  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Classmates,

This is the final pictures of our great weekend...thanks to Monica, JW, and the entire committee.....I hope JW will post a little more that I was not able to cover....and talk about the committee and their work.....They plan to start working for next year's event this Thursday...A note of saddness Monice became very ill with a virus and was unable to attend Sat. and Sun. ceremonies.....We all were sad for her because she had worked so hard therefore not able to see her hard work accomplished....Maybe the pictures will tell all...

We do hope you are better.

Sunday's Ceremony was Reverend John Steer....You must read his webpage before you understand how priveleged we are to have this wounded soldier and his lovely wife Donna join us again for this great weekend......We all love him....and thankful he came to our little town to share his message......My heart is still filled with Joy and honor that he should have graced our little town...God Bless you John..

The following is Reverend John's webpage...be and sure to read about 875...plus all the other links..

http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/jlsteer/lvwd.html

The last pictures of the weekend ,,, I do hope all of you enjoyed ...I have received several emails from former residents from all over the USA enjoying and seeing Rainelle and our little town once again....with a heartfelt appreciation of our town, Rainelle.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.k26o12s&Uy=-8f77cp&Ux=0

THE END

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  15:44:56  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon Classmates,

Well guess what? It is not the end of our Memorial Day Weekend.
I have several more pictures to share with you. Yesterday, Monday I was coming from Lewisburg where I was visiting my parents. I came upon Sam Black exit when I thought to myself maybe my classmates would like to visit as to what I consider one of the most beautiful cemetary in West Virginia.
Yes, A very nice pictures of Sam Black Church.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.xi44c0c&Uy=-vt4r5d&Ux=0

Later that evening Susie and I met for our evening walk when we decided to visit the Rainelle Cemetery where several of our past residents of most rescent and long ago( the founder of our town John Raine) are their final resting place...You will take note of an unsual tombstone that is a log.....

Susie and I then ventured on down to see the Memorial Moving Wall for the last time.....I can not even begin to tell you how many times I had visited the wall these past few days....Evening had began to fall when the darkness had fallen over the wall with all the serenity of the lights that reflected on the wall when I came upon the following picture...As you will see it is JW helping to light the view of a name for someone so they may see a loved ones name on the wall....A breathtaking sight.....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.11vp733w&Uy=gb9j2f&Ux=0

The wall was removed early this Tuesday morning. It was like an old friend leaving Rainelle....
I would like to add there were special residents of Rainelle that stood guard over the wall all day plus the very special ones that had the cold all night duties......Thank you for protecting our wall...

One more note Mike Farren has taken a beautiful picture of the wall at night he plans on sharing it with us...something to look forward to as well..
Also look for JW Puckett post because his camera has a better view of the entire wall plus many more shots....
I am most excited for you to see Mike and JW's pictures...

After Mike and JW post their pictures we will now call mine snapshots..lol

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  09:31:16  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok guys I wanted to share with you my last trip to Lewisburg, WV.

In these pictures you will see my brother Richard and Pam Aide in their garden. Located in the garden is a chapel they built in memory of their young newphew. As you view the inside of the little Chapel you will see my Dad sitting in the Chapel admiring Pam's artwork..
I did catch a few pictures of Richard in his garden....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.wjg0hpo&Uy=-phwuzl&Ux=0

I hope you anjoy..

This is not really Rainelle News..just my news.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Shirley Bottomly Wickline

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  19:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy Aide Pendleton 64

Ok guys I wanted to share with you my last trip to Lewisburg, WV.

In these pictures you will see my brother Richard and Pam Aide in their garden. Located in the garden is a chapel they built in memory of their young newphew. As you view the inside of the little Chapel you will see my Dad sitting in the Chapel admiring Pam's artwork..
I did catch a few pictures of Richard in his garden....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.wjg0hpo&Uy=-phwuzl&Ux=0

I hope you anjoy..

This is not really Rainelle News..just my news.

Andy

Go to Top of Page

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  19:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy, thanks so much for shareing all you pictures, I have really enjoyed all of them, especially the ones of the family. We were in Rainell , Sunday and stopped to see the Memorial, it was quite impressive, I know a lot of hard work went into getting everything organized, so A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL.
Shirley Wickline 1953

Go to Top of Page

jwpuckett71

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  18:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Folks!
Sorry I haven't gotten the photos from last weekend on here yet, but anyone who's worked on these types of happenings understands and those who haven't, ............ well, let's just say it's been kinda hectic. Packaged The Moving Wall for it's journey on Tuesday morning and then started in on the ( seemingly ) never ending list of things associated with the final clean-up from the weekend. I was just so sorry Monica missed Sat. & Sun. due to her illness. I know she was really looking forward to the weekend and she had put a lot into the preparations. A "bug" made it's rounds within her family that weekend and early last week but she's already planning for the 2007 L.Z. RAINELLE - WEST VIRGINIA VETERANS' REUNION !!!!!!!!!

As for me, after all the " sun & fun " on Tuesday, I wound up getting what I'm guessing was a dose of sun poisoning and spent Wed. pretty much zonked out. Took furniture to oldest daughter & son-in-law's place in Madison, VA this weekend, so I must be back to normal ... at least as normal as I get ;)

Still, it was a GREAT WEEKEND !!!!!!!!!!! Sorry more of you couldn't have been there. Dale, especially missed seeing you. Hope all is well with the family. My prayers are with you.

I promise I'll get the photos on here this week and will give more details of the weekend then.

Later,
j.w.

Edited by - jwpuckett71 on 06/04/2006 18:35:01
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  21:52:37  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Shirley Wickline for replying to my posts....
Hope all is well with you.....

Also JW will look forward to you posting your Memorial Day Pictures..

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  10:19:11  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Classmates,

I was in Krogering early this morning and ran into Coach Jim Hamerick. He has not heard about our website so I encouraged him to come onboard. He said he would and was most eager to do so.....I also asked if he had any photos he would like to share...He replied as to he does...I replied lets share them........He said great.

Therefore classmates look for Coach Hamerick to register and encourage his reponses on the discussion board.

I am most eager to hear from Teachers ...So if any teachers are out there please come on board....

Well gang that is the local news today.....Me going to Krogers.....

Andy
Go to Top of Page

jwpuckett71

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  10:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have photos in on the Kodak site, but can't seem to get the albums linked.

DALE and/or ANDY ...... HELP !!!

Edited by - jwpuckett71 on 06/06/2006 11:03:38
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  14:23:44  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwpuckett71

Have photos in on the Kodak site, but can't seem to get the albums linked.

DALE and/or ANDY ...... HELP !!!

Hello J.W. Great, we look forward to seeing them! Click on "Share Album". Uncheck the box at the bottom that states, "Require friends to sign in to view and save your photos" (we don't want people to have to register.) Send an e-mail to yourself (and others if you wish.) When you receive the e-mail, copy the lengthy Web address at the bottom that is a small typefont, then paste it onto the discussion board. Please feel free to call or write if you have any further problems. Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  10:04:01  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I regret my lack of contributions the past couple of weeks. This is our conference season and I travel, speak and/or exhibit at several conventions. It winds up in a a couple weeks, fortunately. Gerry has sent some scans that I haven't had time to post yet. I hope to get it to them very shortly.

It is wonderful to see the new members. We welcome you!

Jerry Arbaugh and Polly Lively Clevenger forwarded a very nice link to a Register-Herald article - http://www.register-herald.com/homepage/local_story_145225433.html It was dated May 25th and is entitled, "‘It’s about the POWs and MIAs'; Bikers, town of Rainelle have adopted each other over 18 years of run. It starts out, "By Christian Giggenbach
REGISTER-HERALD REPORTER

RAINELLE — The outpouring of love and affection for a group of motorcyclists who have been adopted by this small town overflowed Thursday as adults and children alike took to the streets waving American flags and asking for autographs from those still fighting for the return of their brethren soldiers listed as POWs and MIAs.

More than 800 motorcycles thundered into town, some on their way to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., some to stay for the weekend to celebrate Memorial Day.

For 18 years, this community has welcomed the leather-clad bikers, and for the second year it has incorporated the stop into the LZ West Virginia Veterans’ Reunion."

You can find more articles and notes about it by searching Google: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-47,GGLG:en&q=memorial+day+rainelle+motorcycles+pows

Thank you, Andy, for the excellent photos!! Thank you, J.W. Puckett, Monica Venable and others for your contributions to this wonderful event! Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  14:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rainelle News.

I read in the online Register-Herald yesterday that our Rainelle Army Reserve Unit has been called up for service overseas. Their destination is unknown at this time. Let's keep all our WV soldiers in prayer and especially our Rainelle group.

God go with them and keep them safe.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page