Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

jwpuckett71

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  14:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.K.

Thanks to Dale, we'll give this a try!

Here's the link to my L.Z. Rainelle photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=wf3ipny.5jimgve&x=0&y=-6lbb1o

ENJOY !!

Edited by - jwpuckett71 on 06/09/2006 14:11:45
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  01:20:33  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwpuckett71

O.K.

Thanks to Dale, we'll give this a try!

Here's the link to my L.Z. Rainelle photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=wf3ipny.5jimgve&x=0&y=-6lbb1o

ENJOY !!

These are wonderful, J.W.!!! I hated to miss Memorial weekend in Rainelle, but you and Andy captured the events wonderfully with a few hundred photos!! Thank you!!! Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  17:43:12  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to say thank you Marilyn for posting about our young men going to Iraq...It is my understanding 53 men from this post will be leaving.....This will be their second tour..... Our prayers are with them..

JW... great photos..Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your photos with all of us...The picture of the wall at night was amazing.......I might add I had a wonderful Memorial weekend .....

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  22:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yw andy. Yes, JW thanks for all the work of the photos. The picture of the wall at night was so moving. The LZ Rainelle deserves advertising all year preparing for next year. It could be a veterans reunion weekend. Perhaps the local VFW could submit it to their magazine. Veterans and people would come from many states and the attendance would be an economic boost once a year for our little town.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  07:12:16  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Last evening Randy and I stopped by Taco Bell to get something to eat. A young man dressed in his army fatigue was placing his order, of course I had to ask him was he one of the men going to Iraq. He replied "Yes Ma'am, we are leaving at one AM tomorrow".......Big tears welled up in my eyes as to how young this man looked and his courage for all of us...I asked him how long he would be gone? ..He replied,"eighteen months".....He also said this was his second tour of duty going to Iraq... previously he was in Iraq for over a year.....I replied "Thank you for serving our Country and our prayers are with all of our soldiers"...

He said,"WE NEED ALL THE SUPPORT WE CAN GET".

I had asked this young soldier are you concerned about leaving and going back to the war zone...He quickly replied, "I VOLUNTEERED"....

Our 53 soldiers are now on the road by bus to New Jersey in preparation for their departure to Iraq, there arrival time is at two PM this afternoon.

Overall this young soldier is certainly proud to serve his country. I, myself, was very moved by the evening and very appreciative of our men at war..Young and old..men and women..I know these soldiers have kept the wars away from our homeland.......As the past wars...

May God be with all of our troops....and God Bless America...

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  18:09:18  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to communicate with the men of the Rainelle Guard by email? I know most of us would like to write words of encouragement to them.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  19:28:30  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No Janet ,,, I will ask.......

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  09:11:35  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I apologize for my political incorrectness. After I read Andy's post, I saw that I said "men" of the Rainelle Guard. I should have said soldiers as there may be some women among them.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  21:33:06  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Gang,,,

Sorry I have not written lately....to be honest not much going on ....The pool is about to be open soon.......I hope to take pictures and send you...Yes, that will be exciting...

I guess the biggest News on this board is that we have not heard from Chris Dawson.......We certainly are missing his comments and his riddles.....Our own Riddle King is missing in action on this board....
MISS YOU CHRIS

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Donnie Puckett 67

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  14:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't match the wit of Mr. Dawson but here is an easy one to try.

"You are at work and there is a man with a mask waiting for you at home." - What kind of work do you do?

I will gladly answer questions but only with replies of yes, no or irrelevant.

Someone out there knows the answer already!
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  22:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Donnie: If no one has given the answer by Tuesday, June 20, tell us, tell us, tell us....
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  11:27:00  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy West Virginia Day everyone - http://www.wvdnr.gov/2006news/06news108.shtm On June 20, 1863, West Virginia became the 35th state to enter the Union.

Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Donnie Puckett 67

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  15:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - You're at work and there is a man with a mask waiting for you at home. What kind of work do you do?

YOU ARE A BASEBALL PLAYER!

Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  16:45:00  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Donnie,
Why are these riddles so easy AFTER we know the answer???

Have a great evening everyone!!!

Patty
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:59:02  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.6vbpp6gs&Uy=shrr3i&Ux=0

Rainelle again made local news with our TV stations out of Bluefield and Oak Hill.........

The picture is several of our local residents protesting a sign taken down by our local administration.....The sign removed was John Hill Complex,,,etc........This sign was errected by the past administration was in honor of one of our citzen, John Hill...Johnny has been past Mayor for a number of years and also continues to work for the town.....The town of Rainelle has been Johnny Hill's life...

The New sign is a bronze proclamation as to when they obtained the building and named all the councilmen and Mayor McKenzie....etc...

Yes, I personally agree we are thankful to have the armory building as our city Hall...

I just suggest we continue to honor Johnny Hill as the past administration has done and buy a bronze naming the building after our former Mayor John Hill....

Let's work together.......

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page