Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Evelyn Utterback Drake 56

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  10:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy Aide Pendleton for Mayor of all displaced Rainelle Grads!
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  07:53:55  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evelyn Utterback Drake 56

Andy Aide Pendleton for Mayor of all displaced Rainelle Grads!

Evelyn, as the great Smokey Robinson would say/sing, "I second that emotion"!! Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 05/12/2006 08:01:31
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  18:19:03  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is not Rainelle news, but I didn't know which other category would be more appropriate. I have a question (there's no such thing as a stupid question, remember?)

Exactly where is Little Sewell Mountain? Is that the mountain where the airport is? I know somebody out there will know the answer to this question. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  22:37:04  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You are correct!!!
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  11:08:49  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Patty!
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  17:31:34  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone....News update...

This link is pictures taken on Wednesday May 24th prior to the bikers arriving to our town.......I hope you enjoy the pictures.....I was really hoping Dale could have been the photographer during our Memorial Day Weekend.

Regretfully Dale is unable to join us here in Rainelle as he had orginally planned. Dale's beloved Uncle past away earlier this week.
Dale's Uncle and Aunt lives in the State of Washinton. Upon hearing that his uncle was dying Dale caught an emergency flight to Washington... and arrived just before his Uncle had gone home to Heaven...Our Hearts are with Dale.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.1747t9l0&Uy=-l0l3i0&Ux=0

I will be posting pictures as the weekend continues.....I hope you enjoy .....A heartfelt weekend to come that can only be expressed in pictures...

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  09:02:06  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Rainelle made the front page news....

Later I will be posting pictures of the arrival of the bikers which was on Thursday............

http://www.register-herald.com/

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  10:09:30  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok classmates,

Here is 160 pictures of the arrival of the bikes...I could not bring myself to delete any of the pictures...I also tried to crop a few of the pictures to make sure I did not have any close-up pictures of our students faces...A RULE...

You will notice among the pictures I accidentally included our state flower that was blooming in my yard which I meant to move to my flower album...Now stop laughing.

Please take notice of the bikers approaching the speakers table to place money in the jar for the school.....They gave aprox. $13,000 with a pledge from someone who gave a matching $10,000.....a appox total of $23,000 given to our Rainelle school .....How Sweet it is......The bikers have always given large amounts to our school..This amount has been the most thus far......

Among a few other pictures you will find A picture of Richard Curd's name on the Memorial Moving Wall... a very emotional time..Richard was a classmate in the late sixties.....I will continue to look for other names on the wall who was from Rainelle or the surrounding area...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.13mhb39w&Uy=-kaz42z&Ux=0

Again I am sorry Dale was not here to do a much better job than I....I will just keep trying.....and believe it is better than nothing....

I would encourage you to read the previous reply that has the Beckley Newspaper article concerning Rainelle and the Run for the Wall..

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Evelyn Utterback Drake 56

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  11:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy, I am having trouble identifying the location of the wall. Is it in the area west of Kroger? That's the only place I can think of that would have all that flat land.
Thanks Evelyn
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  16:14:50  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Evenlyn,

The Wall is located where the mill pond was....West of Krogers....as you go up route 20 it sets in the back of the field across from the Chessie.....Does that help....

Always great seeing you post.....ty for responding to my topics...

Andy

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth Napier 52

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  19:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy,
Thanks for the pictures! ALL of them!!!
You captured the story.
It's great to see such a reception for these veterans.
You folks there in Rainelle make us feel proud.
(p.s. Sure enjoyed the rhododendron, too. Thanks.)
Go to Top of Page

Donnie Puckett 67

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  19:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Andy,

THANK YOU! I don't know what else to say.
The level of Pride and Compassion that has been displayed is what puts life into perspective.
I'm proud of Rainelle and all who live there and work each day to keep these values alive.

Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  22:31:22  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Kenneth and Donnie for your wonderful words...

Today Friday, was an eventful day. The School children walked down to the event center different times of the day according to their classes.....When they arrived at the event center they all sat on the ground under a large tent where Greasy Belcher with the Omega Task Force Kentucky explained to the students the price of our freedom....and told the children do not take it for granted. He explained to them they must study hard and gain all the knowledge that is handed to them....
He Also explained to them what a POW (Prisioner of War) and MIA (Missing in Action) is and began to tell our students they have never given up hope of finding our soldiers...They will always continue to look for them.....Our student were very interested. They began to ask Greasy Questions as well.....It was fasicnating to watch the young children learn about our men in time of war...

We all had a nice surprise when a group of students traveled by school bus from Smoot to visit the wall and have a talk with Greasy...

I, myself was right in the thick of everything happening and enjoying watching our young eager to learn about our men or war...Of course, I had to ask questions....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.h1n5dk4&Uy=-o3aw9f&Ux=0

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM=MSN8A&q=omega+task+force+ky

http://taskforceomegadistrict6ky.com/index.html

Tonight we attended the candle light service honoring the 59,000 soldiers listed on the Memorial Wall who gave their life so we May have freedom.

MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA

The candle light pictures are yet to be posted...Soon...

Tomorrow a large parade ...speakers all day long ...singing....etc...

Thank you again for reading this post and letting me share this time with you .........

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  23:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sure I speak for the others who could not be in Rainelle for this event. God Bless the people whose time and effort goes into this remembrance of our veterans. There are veterans in our home WV area who did not die, were not POW's but were in situations in which the affects will never go away. Maybe they came to Rainelle this week from Rupert, Dawson, Meadow Bridge, all the surrounding towns and somehow their unseen wounds were healed in some small way. Our hearts are filled with pride concerning LZ Rainelle and the words "thank you" do not do justice to the gratitude felt to all of you who started and coordinated this effort. As Arnold Spitzer's body rests in peace on that little hill overlooking the town he loved so much, I am sure his spirit watched and smiled at the honor that took place in Rainelle this week. Andy, thank you for the pictures.
Monica, words cannot express ... and there is no icon on the left that is fitting so ... God Bless.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  20:33:42  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.gdjgnyc&Uy=c87y97&Ux=0

Hello classmates These pictures are the first part of Friday evening candle light service....

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page