Connard Estep 53

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  12:17:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Annual Osborne Reunion

When : July 30 2006
Where: Rupert City Park
Time: Lunch will start around 12:30 P M
Paper products,Silverware, drinks provided.
Bring a covered dish, come and join the fun.
Don’t forget to bring items for the Auction.

Please come and join us
For info contact Mrs. Connie Mays. I do not have her no. It should be in the book.
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  19:18:24  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
If you find a cure for your 'grandma arms' please let me know.
My grandson starts the 28th and I just know the world will never be the same!

Janet, I haven't been saying much but if you watch the number of readers, the room isn't always empty!!!
I read everyday and it looks like a lot of other people are doing the same. They'll chime in one of these days!!!

Patty
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  21:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Janet - I will check my husbands family tree booklet to see if he is related to any Bennett's in Nicholas. I think his family came from Pocahontas County and up in that direction. He has relatives who are associated with the State Fair of WV in Lewisburg. I'll check.
Thanks for the Lewis information, sounds like my group.
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  00:22:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in reference to the Jerusalem Guardians see:
www.jerusalemguardians.org and importantly also see
www.magavjerusalem.com.
thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jessica osborne 67

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  11:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little confused on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by ML2006

This is not a link, you can type it into your browser. A very dear friend of mine has a son serving in the Israeli volunteer army. see
www.jerusalemguardians.org. Please read the whole site and check out the information links. If you felt lead to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Go to Top of Page

jessica osborne 67

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  11:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Lady!
Patty is right. I visit this site at least twice a day
I just don't have much to write about but I do enjoy the posts and definately the old pictures.
I'll try to be little more proactive.

quote:
Originally posted by Janet Ballengee Estep 68

Since no other people are posting messages these days, I feel like i'm in a room all by myself. But I found this web site http://www.supportwvtroops.com/ that has info about National Guard units from WV. It seems to me that the site may need to be updated, but it did have a link where you can email troops on the "Dear Abby" site. Does anyone else have info about supporting the Rainelle troops or ways to communicate with them?

Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  19:43:33  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to everyone ....My apology for being a little absent from the board....I, myself, have had a busy summer ...plus enjoying every minute of it before our winter returns....I do appreciate the summer...Here in Rainelle we seem to have an early beautiful fall, a late spring and a very long winter....so we must take advantage of our sunshine and the days we are blessed with....

I did take a few pictures of churches located in Rainelle I thought you would enjoy viewing...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.3b1l7tn8&Uy=-40rt5t&Ux=0

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.4hn0b7is&Uy=d7stbs&Ux=0

Dale is soon coming to Rainelle for the Tincher reunion.....He takes terrific photos (just like Gerry) that we will all be able to see.....Remember mine are just snapshots his is photographs.....It will certainly be a treat to view his pictures of Rainelle and the surrounding area....

I do really enjoy the old photos different ones have been sending. A time of long ago with great memories shared by all.....The pictures have turned our just outstanding and a heartfelt beautiful time of life....Thanks to all of you for helping this website come together for all ages...

JOURNEY IN TIME......

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  00:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy, We enjoyed the church photos so much. Thank you for that slideshow. What a great idea you had! All of you who add to and work so hard to make this website what it is are to be commended. I hope Chris is seeing these photos. God Bless all of you.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  07:54:25  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Marilyn for your nice comment. It has truly been a pleasure to share my pictures with all of you....I did not realize how much of inpact it made on the ones who live far away and wondered how Rainelle looks today and their eagerness to see home again.....

I especially, as I have previously said, enjoyed see the old pictures sent by classmates........

Yes, We are hoping that Chris is watching and we all will look forward to seeing him again on the discussion board..

I did forget the McRoss Church..I will soon take a picture of that beautiful church....My dear friend Rita Curd was married in that church...I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids...I should look for that wedding picture....{watch out Rita if i find the picture you will see it...}

I will be leaving for about ten days to visit with my daughter and her family in Florida..HOT...My granddaughter's 15th birthday ......therefore I will most likely be off line...

Another subject is Dale's neice won the gold ....Please Dale repost her website................Most exciting..

Everyone continue to have a wonderful summer and keep posting.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

jessica osborne 67

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  10:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures! Where is the perma-stone church and what denomination? I couldn't make out the sign. They brought back good memories and reminded me how beautiful WV is in the summer.

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Aide Pendleton 64

Thank you Marilyn for your nice comment. It has truly been a pleasure to share my pictures with all of you....I did not realize how much of inpact it made on the ones who live far away and wondered how Rainelle looks today and their eagerness to see home again.....

I especially, as I have previously said, enjoyed see the old pictures sent by classmates........

Yes, We are hoping that Chris is watching and we all will look forward to seeing him again on the discussion board..

I did forget the McRoss Church..I will soon take a picture of that beautiful church....My dear friend Rita Curd was married in that church...I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids...I should look for that wedding picture....{watch out Rita if i find the picture you will see it...}

I will be leaving for about ten days to visit with my daughter and her family in Florida..HOT...My granddaughter's 15th birthday ......therefore I will most likely be off line...

Another subject is Dale's neice won the gold ....Please Dale repost her website................Most exciting..

Everyone continue to have a wonderful summer and keep posting.

Andy

Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  17:29:51  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jessica, I believe the church you are making reference to with the perma-stone is the Church of God on Greenbrier Avenue......I believe that particular church building had caught on fire several years ago...The new Church of God building is still located on Greenbrier Ave...... a few blocks up from the originial...The new one is also pictured in amongest the other photos....

Great hearing from you Jessica....

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  23:47:51  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Someone may have mentioned it, but Rainelle Grade School has a cute Website:
http://boe.gree.k12.wv.us/rainelle/
Some history - http://boe.gree.k12.wv.us/rainelle/aboutourschool.html

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  22:06:29  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. The Tincher Reunion will be Sunday, August 7th at Tincher Park in Craig. The reunion is six miles south of Rainelle. Signs will be posted along the way to Craig. Many Tinchers you may know and their families will be there, including Sue Tincher Dupor, Donnie, Denny, Randy, Hilton, Herman, Gail, Uncle Junior, possibly Kerry and many more. I will be there - look for me near the dinner tables with a plate in one hand and camera in other. I also act as moderator.

The reunion usually starts around 11:30 or so. Lunch is at 12:30 and folks walk around and socialize until around 3:00 or so. Drop by if you can.

I am very excited about spending a week in Rainelle. I hope I get a chance to see some of you. Andy Aide Pendleton and I and, hopefully a few others, will be enjoying official Rainelle hot dogs (chili, slaw, onions) at the old C&H Drive Inn on Monday, August 8th at 6:30 p.m., around the curve from where Paul Bogg's car sales location was located. Join us if you can.

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Janet Ballengee Estep 68

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  09:23:56  Show Profile  Send Janet Ballengee Estep 68 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dale, Tell Herman I said "hi"!....A note about hot dogs: We spent a week at Greenbrier State Forest in June, and one of the things we discovered that week, is that you can buy something called "Custard Stand Chili" in the grocery stores in Lewisburg (and I assume in other stores in the area). It is made in Webster Springs and tastes pretty doggone good when applied to a grilled wiener on a bun!
Go to Top of Page

Evelyn Utterback Drake 56

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  15:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did I read, perhaps in the Beckley paper, that the town of Rainelle bought the old train depot for %500. Would some of you home folks check on this and their plans for future use
and reply?

Thanks
Evelyn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page