Rainelle Local News
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  20:43:58  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes Evelyn, the town did buy the depot. The last I heard they wanted it for a 'historical' museum. Without trying to sound negative, the building is in very bad shape and as far as I'm concerned it would be better to tear it down. (along with several other buildings) It would cost a small fortune to repair and then there is the question of ongoing maintenance! If you have been reading the Beckley paper you probably have some idea of the problems we are having here. That's all I'd better say..........
Just my 2 cents!!!

Patty
Go to Top of Page

Connard Estep 53

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  14:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our Condolences to the Tincher Family on the Death of Mr.Curtis Tincher Husband of Madaline loudermilk Tincher who is a classmate of 1953 and was a close neighbor and Friend of ours.
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  16:03:11  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Connard. Curtis faithfully attended our annual Tincher Reunion that is coming up Sunday afternoon. We will miss him. I will pass your condolences on to the immediate family. Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  17:17:51  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone I had been gone for several days and just wanted to say I am back in town.....I have missed keeping up with the discussion board, however I am pleased we have had some new classmates register. I am also happy to see others are posting and some new topics on the board...

Again I would like to welcome our new classmates to the website and welcome you to join us on the discussion board.

I plan on having hot dogs with Dale and anyother classmates Monday evening. I am really looking forward to seeing Dale....We have not seen each other for years...thinking maybe 35 years or more.....As most of you know Dale and I graduated together in 1964.....I do hope others will come and join us....

I wanted to share the following picture with you.....Guess Who?? I met him at the Cleveland Airport on the way to Miami...He flew on the same plane as I did....He was on his way for the Movie premier "Miami Vice" at South Beach, Fl.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.5qenpzdw&Uy=-4kmhaq&Ux=0

I do hope everyone is having a wonderful summer....

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  22:05:55  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The West Virginia State Fair is back....

LOOK FOR ANY PICTURES I AM GOING TO POST......THAT IS IF I DON'T FORGET MY CAMERA.....

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  15:55:32  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The West Virginia State Fair coming attractions....

I was not able to take all of the fair as of yet due to entertaining my granddaughter....we were busy riding rides..

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.6z21ipgk&Uy=-y5orzx&Ux=0

Hopefully more to come..I plan on going to the fair on Thursday, Govenor's Day....Dad's horses are racing........FUN

Andy

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  23:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dale and Andy, just when we think you two have "outdone" yourselves on this website, you add more current pictures that thrill us. Dale, thank you so much for all the work and expense of those 200 + photographs of your recent visit home. I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed seeing them. Andy, thank you for your contribution of pictures and thanks to Gerry and all the others for their efforts that bring so much joy to those of us who just look at the pictures. God Bless.
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  22:22:49  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your nice comments, Marilyn. We appreciate them very much!

I noticed that the Rainelle pool finally opened on August 11th - http://www.cbs59.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=12998 The kids can get a week or so in before school starts. I also noticed that some farmers in Quinwood had a $936,000 crop going that is being eradicated - one that we didn't grow in the 60's http://www.wvstatepolice.com/news/greenbrier86.htm

Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  12:19:44  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Morning to all...

Andy's visit to the State Fair.......Hope you enjoy...I love the State Fair.....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.44vcmwhg&Uy=g8rlxq&Ux=0

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Norma Walker Zopp 45

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  22:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy ... the State Fair photos are wonderful! My family never missed going to the Fair every summer. I first started going in 1934 when it was the Greenbrier County Fair. I remember the ride home, well past our usual bedtime, from Fairlea to Rainelle with cars bumper to bumper, a line of car lights shining as they wound their way up the hill to Clintonville. Oh, what a sight!

Let's see ... you've given us photos of Memorial Day activities, local Cemetery tours, Rainelle tours, Fourth of July events, State Fair review. What's left? I can hardly wait!!

Did your Dad's horse in the Harness Race show, place, win? [Are those the correct terms for that event? As you can tell, I'm a novice at horse racing since my only exposure is a once-a-year family outing to Arlington Park.]

Thanks, thanks Andy -- what joy you bring to all!

Norma
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  12:17:23  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Norma, it has been my pleasure to take photos of different places Keeping in mind the classmates that have not been back home for several years.....It thrills me to bring such joy to you and others .....We at home take things for granted such as our mountains and trees......I know just when I go away for a short time and return I am always amazed at how beautiful and majectic our mountains are.......Personally for me it just takes my breath....I love Nature.....

Again Norma with response from you and anyone else it encourages me to keep looking for new snapshots and advents to post on our website...

Oh! Did you notice on my State Fair photos pictures of the Governor and his lovely wife......And my DAD

Of course. I did mention to our Governor's wife about our reunion ..It was my understanding she lived in Rainelle at a very young age......she very receptive to the idea of her coming to speak.......Time Frame???

Thank you,

Andy

Edited by - Andy Aide Pendleton 64 on 08/19/2006 12:22:47
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  14:41:23  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A few more West Virginia State Fair Pictures...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=prxi0xw.bofta978&Uy=bjb2yh&Ux=0

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  09:18:50  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Andy, your fair photos were great! They bring back many memories.

You sure made short work of that ear of corn. The money flying around looked fun. Then again, mine seems to do that all the time. It is great that Mrs. Manchin (Governor Manchin's wife) will consider speaking at the reunion. Thank you for sharing the photos!

Stay tuned, everyone. We will be posting some excellent, historical photos this week. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  08:13:40  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The following is an email I received from George "Tink" Collins informing me of the passing of his mother Mrs. Grant (Sue) Collins. Mrs. Collins taught for many years at the Rainelle elementray school.
Many of us remember Mrs. Collins and her sixth grade class....We loved her.

Tink we are very sorry with the passing of your beloved mother..Our hearts and Prayers are with you and your Family.

quote:
Andy,

I wanted to share with you that Mother passed away tonight at 9:30 pm. She slipped away in her sleep with no pain. The last two days have been not going well. But, we were not expecting this. I have no idea when services will be. They will be in the chapel at The End of the Trail through Bobby Wallace. I will keep you posted as I would like to see you. Feel free to share this news with anyone in Rainelle. It was and, in many ways, will always be home.

Classmates, I will soon post the final arrangement for Mrs. Collins.

Andy

Edited by - Andy Aide Pendleton 64 on 09/07/2006 08:17:54
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  07:13:12  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The final arrangements of Mrs. Collins:

quote:
Susan Vail Collins

GREENEVILLE, Tenn. — Susan Vail Collins, 93, formerly of Rainelle, where she lived for 45 years, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2006, at Life Care Center in Greeneville.

She was a member of Tabor City Methodist Church in Tabor City, N.C. She also taught school for 38 years in Greenbrier County.

She was preceded in death by her husband, George Grant Collins.

She is survived by a daughter and son-in-law, Susan and Joe Harbin of Neuman, Ga.; a son and daughter-in-law, George “Tink” and Amy Collins of Greeneville; three grandchildren, Grant Collins of Charlottesville, Va., Tim and Erin Elmore of Forest City, N.C., and Courtney and Spc. Nathan Copas of Fort Hood, Texas; five great-grandchildren, Henry, Imogene and Isabelle Elmore, and Cassady and Cole Copas; two sisters, Margie Speas of Roanoke, Va., and Katherine Jones of Baltimore, Md.; and several nieces and nephews.

The family will receive friends 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, at Wallace Memorial Mausoleum, Clintonville, with service to follow at 11 a.m. in the mausoleum with the Rev. Allen Johnson officiating. Burial will follow in Wallace Memorial Cemetery.

Pallbearers will be her friends and former students.

Memorials may be made to Tabor City United Methodist Church in Tabor City, N.C., or Rainelle School, 701 Kanawha Ave., Rainelle, WV 25962.

Condolences may be sent to the Collins family at www.doughty-stevens@adelphia.net." target="_blank">www.doughty-stevens@adelphia.net.

Wallace & Wallace Funeral Home, Rainelle, is in charge of arrangements.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page