Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Pennie Zickafoose 65

21 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  14:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Marilyn
Our classmates at the reunion were: Judy, Jerry, Everette, Tracy, Walter, Diane, Lacy, Darrell, John, Tom & Linda, Linda McCombs, Peggy Ripley, Jill, Kaye, Ann, April, Nancy, Terry Daily, Terry Fleshman, Martha, Patty, Deanna---Joe Skaggs also joined our class. Carolyn & Delmas had planned to attend, but Delmas got sick and they couldn't make it. Also, while we were at the reunion, we received word that Peggy Bragg had a heart attack and was flown to CAMC. She had a triple by-pass and is doing amazingly well. She is at home now and trying to take it easy. We missed you, Marilyn, and all of our other classmates who couldn't be with us. I ate a Mary's hot dog for you---that is what I called them.
Go to Top of Page

Mary Jane Ingram Carr 61

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  18:22:10  Show Profile  Visit Mary Jane Ingram Carr 61's Homepage  Send Mary Jane Ingram Carr 61 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, We all appreciate what the committe do and the hard work that is involved. I noticed that KC was always on the scene, despite that he had family visiting from Texas. He, among many others including...Patty, Gingy, and Freda, gave so much of their time. I do hope that classmates took the time to tell them what a great job that they did. Marylin, I did think of you and missed you!!! MJ Carr
quote:
Originally posted by ML2006

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make the reunion such a great success. We appreciate all the photographs and enjoy looking at each and every picture. Do Freida Morris and Andy Pendleton never age?? Those girls look as young as they did 25 years ago!!
I hope some of the attendees rest up and then post on here to let those of us who could not be there know how they liked the reunion and tell us stories about people they talked to. I look forward to seeing some pictures of the class of 65. Does anyone know how many of my classmates were there?

MJ Carr
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  18:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pennie: Thanks for eating that hot dog for me! Yum, that was good.
Our class had a good turn out! Mary Jane, thank you, next time I come in and have a few extra minutes I'll pop in the driveway and toot the horn (love ya). Did you see Tom and Sheila? He was very excited about coming up for the reunion.
Go to Top of Page

Mary Jane Ingram Carr 61

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  15:23:26  Show Profile  Visit Mary Jane Ingram Carr 61's Homepage  Send Mary Jane Ingram Carr 61 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I saw Tom and Shelia for just a little while. So much going on!!! Hats off to Andy and her work concerning The Rickey K & The Allnighters Show...was so much fun!!! Will be looking for your visit , ML
quote:
Originally posted by ML2006

Pennie: Thanks for eating that hot dog for me! Yum, that was good.
Our class had a good turn out! Mary Jane, thank you, next time I come in and have a few extra minutes I'll pop in the driveway and toot the horn (love ya). Did you see Tom and Sheila? He was very excited about coming up for the reunion.

MJ Carr
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. We have more great photos - this time from Evelyn Utterback Drake. They include some RHS lawn reunion photos, some parade photos and a get-together by the Class of '65. Gerry Mitchell was kind enough to work on the pictures a bit to get the maximum benefit from KodakGallery. I had the pleasure of meeting Evelyn at the Reunion, as well as Elda Utterback. I met many wonderful folks whose names I had heard, but I had not met. Thank you, Evelyn, for the pictures!!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.4j3u14gg&x=0&y=e9eb8p

This "All-School Reunion 2007" topic has had more than 800 visits since the Reunion. That is very gratifying, as are the nice comments from so many of you. More photos are on the way. Check back periodically to (as Polly said) relive the great time we had during those 3 wonderful days! Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  10:58:39  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Eric Keister has sent 3 parade photos. One is a good shot of the Reunion Committee's very attractive throw. See the photos at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.7kuttlc0&x=0&y=-v2qfnm

Eric, a 1970 graduate of Greenbrier West is the pastor at Hilton Village Baptist Church, frequently contributes to our Words of Encouragement section: http://www.rainellereunion.com/encouragement.html

We are approaching having 1,000 visits to this topic since the reunion. Stop back by - more photos have been promised. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  10:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Charles Tuck, Class of 51, has sent the link to 21 very nice photos that are housed on Shutterfly.com. It is great to see Charles (called Charlie in high school I am told), Wilda Gaye Martin, Orvetta Puckett and several others I talked with or saw at the reunion. Thank you, Charles!!! Charles, if you have an e-mail address, please send it to me offline at dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com One of your high school friends was just mentioning you via e-mail. Dale

See Charles' great photos at:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2Acs2zFi0bsWIA

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  15:02:07  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!!!
FYI: We do have limited sizes of t-shirts and sweatshirts left from the reunion. We have reduced the t-shirts to $7.00 and the sweatshirts to $15.00. Of course you would be responsible for S&H.

We have been shipping several throws also. The word is out about them and alumni that could not attend the reunion have been asking for them. Since we are doing reorders, we should have them available for Christmas gift-giving.

If you are interested, please let us know here at the website or at PO Box 423-Rainelle-25962.

Have a Great Day!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth Napier 52

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  14:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As we continue to organize our pictures, talk with and write to classmates about such a grand reunion, I keep thinking about all the work that was done: establishing the web site, scanning all those yearbooks, organizing and participating in meetings before mailings, updating mailing lists, preparing agendas, arranging for participants, coordinating countless details, etc. etc. Gee, THANKS, folks. We out-of-towners could not have enjoyed warmer hospitality. As one of my classmates noted, time stood still for three days. I did wonder tho: (1) how many people registered for the reunion; (2) how many tickets were sold for the pig roast (fun, wasn't it?); (3) how many throws were sold (whoever designed it did a remarkable job); (4)how many people did Doc Neal welcome at the front door; and (5) where were that many picnic tables found in Rainelle. Yes, we'll have these memories to remember. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  13:54:08  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Kenneth Napier, for your very nice post and for the warm e-mail you sent to me privately. Kenneth asked me if the Website would continue. I told him that I plan to support it, along with Gerry, Andy and Rita, for another 20 years, but after that, some younger folks will have to come along and take it over. I will continue to view it, however.

Kenneth sent six fun photos from the Class of '52 get-togethers. Gerry Mitchell enhanced them to make them Kodakgallery friendly and uploaded them. The Class of '52 is obviously a lively group; I enjoyed talking with several of them and some from the Class of '53. Kenneth wrote, "Attached are some additional photos: brunch for classes of '51 and '52, a parade shot, and a foursome worthy of note: Joan McQuain Cobanli (back row, right) undoubtedly won the prize for traveling the farthest distance, coming from Izmir, Turkey. And I thought it was a tiring trip from Indiana. Amazing how we've scattered."

Thank you, again, Kenneth. Getting to meet wonderful people like you made the reunion experience even richer.

Enjoy the Class of '52 photos at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.2hu2pgi8&x=0&y=-nkevzy

Check back - additional folks have promised photos, plus we periodically receive some we were not expecting.

I am looking forward to coming to Rainelle this weekend to the annual Tincher Reunion. I will be at the J&S (I still call it the C&H) at 6:30 p.m. Saturday and will enjoy eating a Rainelle hotdog with any Rangers I see. (I eat healthy foods until I get an opportunity to eat a Rainelle hotdog.)

Dale

919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 08/03/2007 00:35:18
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  00:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Elda Utterback Montgomery, a member of another very special class, the Class of '53, mailed a loving tribute to one of the Class of '53 members, Margaret Ann Shuck. Since the idea was formulated (apparently) at the recent reunion, I am putting it under this topic. The tribute was written by Margaret's husband Bob Myers for their Class's 50th Reunion. Bob's letter includes some of Margaret Ann's history and comments such as, "In many ways I envy Margaret Ann growing up in Rainelle and attending school there. In addition to those mentioned, she knew everybody in town. She made several very lasting friendships among her schoolmates."

Bob suggested that the letter be put on the Website and I agree that it is a good idea. (I did not realize that I did not scan the letter quite straight. Gerry Mitchell broke the letter into four parts and enhanced it a bit so we could place it on KodakGallery.) Elda wrote in her letter that she was about to have dinner with Margaret's daughter, Susie, in San Francisco. Bob's letter can be viewed at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.69ro6dzs&x=0&y=-xyrvff

Elda Utterback also mailed a historic photo taken at the Rainelle golf course many years ago. The photo was 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches, but we were able to blow it up some. The lady golfers in the photos were wearing long skirts and the traffic going by the golf course is fairly heavy. Enjoy the photo at http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#golf_course_ladies

919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 08/03/2007 00:51:48
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  09:27:31  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone!

I'd like to add my Thanks to Kenneth Napier for his recent note and, as best I can, answer some of his questions.
We had 569 people registered for the reunion and we fed 540 people at the Pig Roast (that's a lot of pig!) We are never sure how many peole actually come through that front door since some local people always stop by to see what's going on and say "Hi". Mrs Meadows says there had to be more there on Saturday after the parade!!!
The throws have been a real popular item not only with the alumni but also to anyone who has ties to the area. There are just so many memories that can be recalled from what is on them. To date, we have sold app. 350. Since we are able to reorder, we hope to continue to have them available for Christmas gift-giving. They are on display at some of the alumni' local businesses. (K. C.'s Barber Shop, J & S Restaurant, Alvis Floral, Rainelle Appliance, Linda's Restaurant and Flint's Hardware)

I especially love the quote of "time stood stll for three days"...I doubt that it could be described any better!!!

Thanks Again!

Patty
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  15:38:03  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gerry Mitchell painstakingly scanned the text from a recent Rainelle newspaper about the Reunion entitled, "Rainelle Alumni Visits Memory Lane" and subtitled, "Old Classmates Gather For Fourth Reunion" - http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#reunion_newspaper Several Rainelle area folks helped develop the material. Thank you folks and thank you, Gerry! "Old Classmates??" - what are they trying to say?

I consolidated the reunion 4 (July 2007) photo links into one section - see http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#reunion_4

Some exciting news - sometime in September, after the reunion booklet is published, we will post the reunion photos Mrs. Meadows and the photographers took. They include many additional general reunion photos as well as the golf outing photos. Gerry will receive and start working on them soon. When they are ready to view, we will post a notice on the Website home page and photos page, as well as this discussion board. Dale

919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 08/19/2007 15:39:13
Go to Top of Page

Donnie Puckett 67

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  16:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This website is amazing and I have friends who have no assoiciation with Rainelle that look at all of the things that are here and they too are amazed.
The Reunion was - well I just don't have the words.
So many adjectives have been used and all are fitting.
I know the time and energy that goes into making the events so special are out of love.
I also know that there has to be certain types of expenses for keeping this website up and running.
Is there a particular place we can send a donation to help with those expenses.
Being able to log on and see "our hometown" in such a special way is worth more than I would ever be able to give but I can give something, and I hope others would feel the same way.
Please let us know. It's not soliciting. It's just giving us a way to help.

Thanks again to everyone who keeps us informed!

Donnie Puckett, Class of 67
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  00:19:31  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Donnie. It is so very kind of you to offer a donation for the Website. I am happy to cover the expenses at this point. This Website is an adjunct to my business so it does not cost a lot and I enjoy working on the site. Gerry Mitchell, Andy Aide Pendleton, Rita Curd Bender and others have donated time and assistance. Numerous people have posted and/or sent information and photos to make the site more interesting. The wonderful comments by you and others (especially at our amazing reunion) about the enjoyment they have received from the site, have more than repaid us. If we ever got into a situation where the site received so much attention that we needed, e.g., daily updates or photography editing, we would let the members know and perhaps ask for assistance in paying someone to help make the updates.

If anyone wishes to make a donation to furthering our beloved Rainelle, I am sure the Rainelle Park Board, other Rainelle associations or a Rainelle church would appreciate a donation and it would also be appreciated by those of us who work on the Website.

Thank you again - it was very kind of you to think about this and make the offer. (I may, however, ask you for free line dance lessons before the next reunion.) Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page