New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  14:45:19  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was about to say the same thing, Patty. "Wow!" was what I was going to write. We witnessed so many smiles, hugs and so much love. I wouldn't have missed the experience for anything.

We have lots of pictures and information to post over the next few days. If you have photos from the reunion that you will share, we would love to post them or a link. If you upload them to www.kodakgallery.com please click on "Share", "select" the album you will share and "uncheck" the box near the bottom that says,
"Require friends to sign in to view and save your photos." Please put my e-mail address in the share box - dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com or send us the link at the bottom of the e-mail you receive them. We would also like to receive original photos so we can crop or enhance them if needed. Please contact Gerry Mitchell - gerry.mitchell@rainellereunion.com and e.g., let Gerry know you will be sending a CD. If you have a small number of photos, we can receive by e-mail. However, many e-mail systems reject large numbers of photos or large file sizes. Please contact me or Gerry if you have a question or idea.

If you are having trouble with your discussion board password, please contact rita.curd.bender@rainellereunion.com or me. Thank you, Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Polly Lively Clevenger 64

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  15:43:45  Show Profile  Visit Polly Lively Clevenger 64's Homepage  Click to see Polly Lively Clevenger 64's MSN Messenger address  Send Polly Lively Clevenger 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I defintely agree. What a great weekend, spending time @ RHS with classmates that I see often and some I haven't seen since 1974....Rita....it was so great seeing you & Tim again. So many laughs, smiles, hugs & longtime friendships were shared. These memories will last a lifetime. Thanks to the RHS commitee and the class rep's, for your hard work....you made it all possible. Special thanks to Dale for birthing the Rainelle Reuinon website and to Gerry Mitchell for his special efforts of all the hours spent on scanning the pix for us to view. Andy Aide Pendleton, you went the extra mile. The Rick K concert was super! Especially the drummer! Our combination of 1962, 1964 class dinner was so much fun. To Andy & Pat Vaughan, job well done! The evening sock hops @ RHS...I Loved it ALL...

Polly Lively Clevenger
Class of 64
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  21:27:47  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Polly Lively Clevenger sent a photo of the Class of '64 taken by her brother. You can see it at: http://www.rainellereunion.com/64.html#2007

I have uploaded 550 photos that my daughter (Sarah) and I took of the reunion. Sarah took the photos of the parade and some in which I appear. The sequence is: the opening ceremonies, folks socializing, the Rick K & The Allnighters concert sponsored by the Rainelle Park Board (this was so much fun!), the Thursday night D.J. sock hop, more socializing, George "Tink" Collins' wonderful presentation on "The Last of The Great Giants", an amazing photo display by Mrs. Virginia Meadows and some contributions by others, in memoriam photos, the Class of 64 socializing prior to the Friday night D.J. sock hop (more fun), the sock hop, the very impressive All-school Reunion Parade, the very nice pig roast and more socializing, the teacher photo session and the Class of 62 and 64 Dinner.

The Class of 64 dinner was attended by two of our former teachers, Mr. Arnold Anderson and Mr. Don Smith. Mr. Anderson truly touched us with some very nice comments. Mr. Smith touched and entertained us with his comments and observations. Several classmates shared memories and stories and made this a very special and sentimental evening. We were reminded that we grew up in one of the greatest places with some of the greatest people.

It was great fun to reconnect with classmates at the reunion. It was also very enjoyable to connect with some people on the discussion board such as Evelyn Utterback Drake, Elda Utterback, Connard Estep, Donnie Puckett, and several others. It was very rewarding to have a large number of people come up and say that they enjoy the Website and check it frequently.

We owe a debt of thanks to many people for the success of the reunion. The Reunion Committee worked hard and did a great job. Mrs. Meadows was (as usual) tireless in placing photos on the walls in advance and coordinating and taking additional photos. Andy Aide Pendleton and the Rainelle Park Board worked hard to obtain and help promote the Rick K concert. It was such a treat to hear the 60's music performed so well again and to see the crowd waving their hands, laughing and applauding. The class contact people also worked hard. I know there were others behind the scenes. WE THANK ALL OF YOU for making it three tremendous, memorable days that we will not forget!

To see the photos, visit http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.bqz5l0b4&x=0&y=-akn35c I will try to find the time to label the photos at some point, but if anyone wishes to speed up the process by volunteering to add names to Kodakgallery, please do so. I will give you instructions. Meanwhile, if you wish to know the folks' names in a photo or obtain the original hi-res version of the photo, let me know. (I reduce the size of the photos using pixresizer so they won't take days to upload to Kodakgallery.) The originals are large enough to crop individuals or small groups out of, etc. My apologies for the quality of some of them. They make us look older and heavier than we really look. At least, that is what I am telling myself.

Since I am in the Class of '64, these photos are a bit '64 heavy. We look forward to receiving photos from other classes to add to our online museum/memory bank. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Ed Smith 64

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  10:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is really nothing to add to Dale and Polly's comments about the quality of the reunion and the hard work appreciated. I enjoyed seeing everyone and was very happy to see Rita Curd show up. That laugh is infectious!! I hope next reunion, J.D. Surbaugh, Don Ratcliff, Jackie Yates, Jackie Yearego, Roger (Flip) McClure and many others I could name elect to come. I certainly wish it would not be 5 years before I get to see some of you again but unfortunately, that will be the case so keep in touch.

Ed
Go to Top of Page

Rita Curd Bender 64

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  11:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for everything especially the warm welcome Tim and I received. If you ever travel to northern Virginia, please come and see us. I don't want to wait until another reunion to see you. Love you all.
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  13:55:29  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. After I uploaded the 550 photos Sunday night, I wrote down the number of visits to this topic (All-School Reunion 2007). The number at that time was 2069. The topic currently has 2,184 visits, meaning that there have currently been 115 visits to the topic since late Sunday night and, most likely, to the photos. That is exciting. We have promises of additional photos from some who attended the reunion and/or parade - so check back soon.

We upload the photos to KodakGallery.com to make them easier to view them using the slideshow and to use their server space rather than ours. (We make no money on the photos.) I noticed that Kodak is offering a 20% discount through July 16th (off their normal 15 cents per photo price) if you enter the code WARM20. The photos (or e.g., mugs or other items) can make nice gifts to friends, shut-ins, and e.g., people who do not have access to a computer. As I mentioned earlier, if you would like a hi-res original, just let me know and I will send it. The large originals make it easy to crop individuals out, etc. To see an original of one of the teachers' photos, click here - http://www.rainellereunion.com/images/2007_reunion/teachers_4357.JPG Dale

919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 07/11/2007 07:14:37
Go to Top of Page

Evelyn Utterback Drake 56

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  18:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another great success! Thanks to all of you for your many efforts in making this such a great event. Every night I would be tired from walking around trying not to miss anyone or anything. The presentation by Tink Collins was great and again gave us much pride in the history of our community. The class of 1956 was well represented. Old friends are so dear!

Go to Top of Page

Polly Lively Clevenger 64

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  21:01:22  Show Profile  Visit Polly Lively Clevenger 64's Homepage  Click to see Polly Lively Clevenger 64's MSN Messenger address  Send Polly Lively Clevenger 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dale: I viewed the 550 picture slide show. It took awhile but was well worth the time. Thanks to you and your daughter (Sarah) we can relive the 2007 RHS reunion anytime we want. It is great!

Polly Lively Clevenger
Class of 64
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  08:43:51  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Polly, for the feedback. We (the Web committee, Andy Aide Pendleton, Gerry Mitchell and Rita Curd Bender) love hearing that people are enjoying the site and photos. I have gone to Kodak Gallery about five times to enjoy the reunion again through the photos. What a special time!! Thank you, Rita Curd Bender, for helping update some of the names and for adding some photos and Andy Aide Pendleton for continual ongoing support and enthusiasm before, during and after the reunion. We welcome photos or assistance with listing names from anyone. If you submit photos, we will list your name as having taken the photos. Gerry Mitchell is standing by to size, crop and enhance photos and memorabalia as needed.

Again, we thank the Reunion Web committee, Patty Cox Osborne 67, Chair; Gingy Walker Manspile '62, Secretary; Fredia Grimmett Morris '66, Treasurer; K. C. Farren '62; Tom Gilkeson '59; R. C. (Doc) Neal '57; and Jerry Osborne '65 and the Class Contact individuals and those behind the scenes for their hard work in making the reunion such a special time. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  09:40:39  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And Thanks So Very Much to the Class of '64 members who contributed so much to the success of this reunion. Dale, the website is great and we can't thank you enough for creating and maintaining it. Your pictures are wonderful...I think Sarah must follow in her Dad's footsteps with her photography skills! To Tink, for the terrific job he did with the Meadow River Presentation and the exhibit. To Andy, for a great job organizing the Rick K. concert (and to Ruth Harris Groves '62-her bookkeeping skills are excellent!) To Gerry, for all his hard work scanning pictures and articles for the website (we missed you, Gerry!) I am always afraid I will leave someone out, so, once again, 'Thanks to All' who contributed in any way.

Keep those pictures coming!!!

Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  13:55:21  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Be sure to check back over the next few days for more reunion photos. J.L. Holsberry has sent more than 90 photos and J.W. Puckett is mailing a CD with more than 200 photos. Garvin Smith (Jewell Brown Smith's husband) is a professional photographer and has promised to send some photos. During the parade, I saw him stationed on Rt. 60 with a lens that looked bigger than my entire camera case. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Ron Estep 57

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  15:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Tincher 64

Hello everyone. Be sure to check back over the next few days for more reunion photos. J.L. Holsberry has sent more than 90 photos and J.W. Puckett is mailing a CD with more than 200 photos. Garvin Smith (Jewell Brown Smith's husband) is a professional photographer and has promised to send some photos. During the parade, I saw him stationed on Rt. 60 with a lens that looked bigger than my entire camera case. Dale

919-272-8052

Hi Dale.
Just wanted you folks to know I enjoyed the pictures very much, we were unable to attend for medical reasons, but my siblings were there and they had a wonderful time. I'm glad you met my older brother and i'm sure you know Gary, Shirley and Sharon. All of them had a great time. You folks are doing a wonderful job. I really loved the Rainelle throw rug my brother Gary picked one up for me . who ever thought of it. It's beautiful and well worth the price. Please thank them for me. Hope to be in rainelle soon. thanks again.
Ron
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  21:41:11  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Ron Estep, for the nice comments. It is great to hear that your family had a great time at the reunion. I hope you can make the next one. The Reunion Committee did a wonderful job with the throw rug (among many other items.)

Drum roll.... J.W. Puckett's photos are ready to view. J.W., an excellent photographer, and has provided 235 photos for us to enjoy. We will try to add names as time permits, but if you see some we have missed or mislabeled, please let Rita Curd Bender know the photo number and name - rita.curd.bender@rainellereunion.com Thank you, J.W.!!! See http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.aot36434&x=0&y=hd7bdk

Stay tuned - J.L. Holsberry's photos will be posted tomorrow. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  15:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks to J.L. Holsberry, we have 97 more great photos. Gerry Mitchell was kind enough to apply some of his cropping and enhancement magic to some of them. Thank you, Gerry. Enjoy J.L.s photos at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.2rpbcekw&x=0&y=-if8nw9

Thank you, J.L.!!! Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  23:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make the reunion such a great success. We appreciate all the photographs and enjoy looking at each and every picture. Do Freida Morris and Andy Pendleton never age?? Those girls look as young as they did 25 years ago!!
I hope some of the attendees rest up and then post on here to let those of us who could not be there know how they liked the reunion and tell us stories about people they talked to. I look forward to seeing some pictures of the class of 65. Does anyone know how many of my classmates were there?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page