All-School Reunion 2007
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  20:43:16  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another big "WOW"

The reunion books are completed and I was fortunate enough to see one today thanks to Mrs. Meadows. Linda Adkins Dimascio and I visited her today to enjoy 64 pages of memories and smiles... all in color!!!

Watch your mail if you ordered one and, if you didn't, she does have a few extras.

ENJOY!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  22:56:43  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. My reunion book arrived today - yours probably arrived also. It is beautifully done - from the design, colors to the photos, etc. It was so much fun to go through it. Great work, everyone involved!! Thank you!

Check back early next week -- we will start linking to the pictures you see in the booklet. Gerry has been working hard to get them ready for Internet viewing. Dale

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  15:44:38  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. As I mentioned, Gerry Mitchell has been hard at work enhancing, for the Internet, the photos Mrs. Meadows and the photographers took. He has spent and continues to spend hours on them. Thank you, Gerry!! Gerry has also added photos to some of the other slideshows. They are listed below.

Gerry has finished some of the slide shows, but is still adding to the last one listed - the General or, as Gerry labeled them, Candid photos #5. Approximately half of the general photos are on the site; Gerry is completing the remainder of them. Please check back periodically and you will see the additions Gerry made to the General Slideshow (#5)

The photos include:
1. The Golf Tournament:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.6irvmxew&x=0&y=9mky62

2. The Pig Roast:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.8596rq20&x=0&y=53zp9v

3. The Downtown Parade - Part 1
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.4j2lmunc&x=0&y=1lcikl

4. The Downtown Parade - Part 2
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.80djw9m0&x=0&y=ku6eu

5. General (Candid) Photos (Gerry is still working on photos to add to this slide show - please check back, approximately half are done):
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.ae0ri694&x=0&y=2v45g0

Gerry has also added photos to these very nice slide shows:
Rainelle Today
http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#rainelle_today

Meadow River Lumber Company Being Torn Down
http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#mr_torn_down

Meadow River Historical (includes a picture of the ladies who made the shoe heels in the 40's - sent by Kenneth Napier)
http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#mr_history

Vintage Cars Taken by Gerry at shows
http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#cars

A note of interest, this site ranks #1 in Google for a variety of terms including Rainelle, Rainelle pictures, Rainelle photos, Rainelle information, (Rainelle Reunion of course) and others. It ranks #5 for Rainelle history and should rise soon. This topic (All-School Reunion 2007) has had 4,370 visits as of 9-16-2007 at 5:30 p.m. The "Do You Remember" topic has had 12990 visits.

Dale
919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 09/16/2007 17:40:15
Go to Top of Page

Patty Cox Osborne 67

128 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  16:44:01  Show Profile  Send Patty Cox Osborne 67 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another "WOW"...We are so excited to share this news...

This past Monday I received a call from the director of the Greenbrier County Visitors Bureau telling me that the RHS Reunion had been nominated to receive an award at their annual Spirit of Tourism Awards luncheon and asking if the committee members could attend on Thursday. I contacted Gingy, Fredia, Tom, Doc. Jerry and K. C. Needless to say we felt honored to be included in the nominations, and of course, decided to make the arrangements to attend. Mrs. Meadows also attended as our guest and "Honorary Committee Member". We enjoyed a very nice lunch provided by Blackwell's at the Elks Country Club. The four awards that were presented were the Greenbrier Award, The Greenbrier County Ambassador Award, The Hometown Hero Award and the Friend of Tourism Award.
TA-DAH---Your reunion committee was presented with The Hometown Hero Award for our 3-day event that brought so many alumni home to Greenbrier County. We were presented with a beautiful framed photograph of a sunrise in Greenbier County. The photgraphs were provided by the Cooper Gallery in Lewisburg.
Once again---A huge Thanks to everyone who helped in any way and all who attended!!!

Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  23:33:53  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. It is good to see the very nice recognition of the Reunion Committee.

Gerry Mitchell has completed scanning all of the reunion photos. If you have looked at the online photos, you may have noticed that numerous photos had been cropped in the booklet out of necessity (due to space limitations), but Gerry provided the entire photos (not just sections) as well as having enhanced many of the several hundred pictures - see http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#meadows Gerry had finished the groups 1 through 4, but has been working to complete group 5 the past three weeks. Thank you, Gerry, for your hard work in scanning the photos for our enjoyment. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Ron Estep 57

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  11:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Tincher 64

Hello everyone. It is good to see the very nice recognition of the Reunion Committee.

Gerry Mitchell has completed scanning all of the reunion photos. If you have looked at the online photos, you may have noticed that numerous photos had been cropped in the booklet out of necessity (due to space limitations), but Gerry provided the entire photos (not just sections) as well as having enhanced many of the several hundred pictures - see http://www.rainellereunion.com/photos.html#meadows Gerry had finished the groups 1 through 4, but has been working to complete group 5 the past three weeks. Thank you, Gerry, for your hard work in scanning the photos for our enjoyment. Dale

919-272-8052

Hi Dale
First let me say I thourghly enjoyed all the photos. I went through all of them and they were exelent. I did not make this reunion, but after seeing all these pics it was just like being there. I would like to thank everyone involved in making this possible for us to enjoy them. I saw all of my old friends and it filled me with happyness. Thanks again.
Ron
Go to Top of Page

Norma Walker Zopp 45

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  22:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to the 2007 Reunion Committee upon receiving the "Hometown Hero Award" presented by the Greenbrier County Visitors Bureau. Recognition for your many hours of labor on behalf of all Rainelle High Alumni is most deserving! Thank you!!

I echo Ron's note re the Reunion photos! Those of us unable to attend are the beneficiaries of MORE HARD WORKby Gerry!! How can we ever thank those of you who make it possible for us to journey back home via our wonderful website!! Do know that you are very much appreciated.

I want to call attention to an article in the October issue of WONDERFUL WEST VIRGINIA magazine telling about Rainelle's hospitality on Memorial Day weekend when hundreds of motorcycle riders come to town, enroute to Washington, D.C. to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. [The October issue features "Heavenly Byways: Motorcycling in the Mountain State."]

Norma Walker Zopp

Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  22:20:58  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A great tribute to the Rainelle Alumni !!!!

Our reunion started almost two years ago with the creation of the ....rainellereunion.com.....by Dale Tincher..... through this wonderful site our days of fun, laughter and just simply feeling young again will continue to grow.

Thanks to Mrs. Meadows, Dale, Kenneth and many others who had taken time to share their photos with all the alumni... PLUS THE MANY MANY HOURS GERRY MITCHELL HAS TAKEN TO MAKE OUR DREAMS MORE VIVID ... Our stroll down memory lane will continue to be shared by all who venture back over the website time and time again....

The all-school reunion has had one of its best ever event !!!!!
Thanks to the hard working alumni and to all of those who attended....

It is true everything gets better with age (LOL)

We now have great pictures to keep our memories alive.....

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ML2006

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  23:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patty and Reunion Gang: Congrats on the award!!! I just scanned through the reunion pictures and it was almost like being there except I could not smell the pig roast or shake hands with people or hug my family and friends who were there. I'm going to take more time soon to look at the pictures again because I'm trying to decide who has the best looking legs, Donnie Puckett or Andy Pendleton!!! Oh No, did I say that?? What fun you all must have had! Hope to see you at the next reunion. I appreciate and thank all the people who put so much time and effort into the reunion and this wonderful website where we can take a visual journey home. (Dale, I found the best, i mean best WV hot dogs! At the Princeton, WV community hospital. It's not far from 77 and worth every 3 miles for those delicious hot dogs! )
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  15:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Marilyn for the hot dog tips. Thank you everyone for the nice comments. The Website contributors appreciate them very much and are so glad you are enjoying the pictures and information. We, again, want to thank Mrs. Meadows and the photographers for the photos used in the booklet!

Gerry has scanned the reunion booklet class photos and has added a couple of bonus pictures. It was a challenging task due to colors and small size of the photos - thank you, Gerry! Gerry will be making some additional updates this weekend. Enjoy it at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.96nxr1q8&x=0&y=pufitx The scanned booklet, and the reunion photos, will be linked from the photos' page. Dale

919-272-8052

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 10/01/2007 15:50:30
Go to Top of Page

Andy Aide Pendleton 64

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  20:01:00  Show Profile  Send Andy Aide Pendleton 64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great Job Gerry !!!!!

A great big thank you for your hours of work.....more work ...and more work...
with every emotion expressed during our terrific reunion...

and again and again

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  20:21:03  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Gerry requested that Patty send a picture of the Hometown hero award so he could put it on Kodak Gallery for everyone to see. Patty complied and you can see the award phrasing and framed photograph here - http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.7dp2bs0w&x=0&y=mkigxl Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  21:22:25  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. It was great to receive a very warm, interesting e-mail from Joanne Watson nee Smith earlier this afternoon. Joanne, we welcome you and I hope many people are able to give you updates on your family. I'm certain Ed Smith and others can fill you in on some history.

Garvin Smith and Jewel Brown Smith, Class of '64, have sent some wonderful photographs of the reunion. Garvin is a superb photographer. Garvin and Jewel have impressive business Websites that are listed in Jewel's member profile. The reunion photos include some gymnasium shots that include Mrs. Meadows' pictures, several superb parade photos and some enjoyable photos of the class of '64 and '62 get-together. I reduced the photos to upload them more easily to Kodak Gallery, but if you want copies of the 6MB originals, please contact Jewel or me. Thank you Garvin and Jewel! See the photos at - http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=u46feyk.a3o5joa8&x=0&y=-u3u892

Thanks to the generosity of several photographers, we have excellent photos from a variety of events and perspectives! If any of you have additional photos, please let us know. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Ed Smith 64

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  11:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all of you great "Rangers" out there. I just finished looking at all the pictures posted on the site and I must admit, I have just blown about 1/2 day of work because I could not quit looking. Again, from me, THANKS A MILLION to Gerry, Dale, the reunion committee and everyone associated with the 4th Annual Rainelle Reunion. There is something very calming about being in a hectic office and being able to remove yourself for a time and look at pictures of your old friends and classmates and read their thoughts. Sort of like a "Mini-Vacation" at your desk!! As usual, the class of 64 was the best represented of all the classes. 64 always was a close group and we continue to prove that point. I hope we can get some of the class who did not make the reunion this year to attend the next opporunity. Can't wait to see you all again.
Go to Top of Page

Fred Young

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  18:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After many months of reading posts when I have time, I wanted to say congratulations on a successful reunion. My family members who attended also spoke praise of the event. Is there a post as to how the golf tourney went? Whoever, won that event needs to give me lessons. My wife beat me today. (Okay, she's pretty good on her own).

Thanks to all who passed along information to me and welcome to all the new friends I was privileged to make on this site.

Fred Young
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page